NABI Research Training With Project Opportunity – Biotech & Food Tech
NABI, Mohali has announced the notification for Opportunity for 4 to 6 months (Jan to June 2021) Research Training with project at NABI, Mohali. NABI Research Training With Project Opportunity – Biotech & Food Tech. Check out all of the details on the same given below:
This call expires in :
Opportunity for 4 to 6 months (Jan to June 2021) Research
Training with project at NABI, Mohali
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali, is a Research & Development Institute under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The institute includes cutting-edge research surrounding multiple research areas which include agricultural biotechnology, epigenetics, computational biology & bioinformatics, post-harvest technology, nutritional and food science and technology. To impart high-quality training in advance areas of biotechnology to students of under-graduation (BSc & B.Tech) and post-graduation (MSc&M.Tech).
Applications are invited from motivated applicants with a high level of creativity, innovative ideas, and communicating abilities.
1. A bench fee of Rs. 5000/- Per month and GST @ 18 percent for 4 to 6 months per trainee will be charged by the institute from the candidates or sponsoring institutes after selection by online transfer to NABI, Mohali. The fee needs to be deposited before the beginning of this training. If any student would like to cancel the confirmed training before its beginning, an administrative fee (20 percent) may be deducted by NABI. The refund won’t be made if the cancellation request is made during the training period.
2. The training period should be for 4 to 6 months between January to June 2021. The Training will be run in NABI’s main campus and training project should within the range of NABI mandates.
3. The training will be in one of 4 regions – i) Agricultural Biotechnology, ii)
Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, iii) Food Science and Technology, and iv)
Nutrition Science and Technology. Aside from laboratory work, the trainee could be asked to involve research work in field and growth/tissue-culture chambers for both testing and growing research materials.
Registered students from any branches of life sciences/basic sciences/applied Sciences/engineering institutes/colleges/universities pursuing under graduation or post-graduation or having degrees in the above are eligible for NABI’s training programs.
4. NABI may arrange accommodation in hostels or guest home (shared) in NABI’s Prescribed rate, if accessible.
5. NABI won’t reimburse any medical claims that are incurred during instruction.
6. The Number of trainees to be required will depend on the scientist’s need from time to time.
7. The selection of trainees will likely be through screening cum selection committee according to Academic merit and expertise
7. Opportunities are also available for long-term or short-term training sponsored programs By government agencies like DST, DBT, INSA, NASI, etc. with no fee.
8. The prescribed application format is available on the NABI Site (http://www.nabi.res.in/Training.aspx). It should send by post
to Manager Administration, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, Sector-81, Knowledge City, SAS Nagar, Mohali, Punjab-140306.
09. Documents to be filed:
1) A filled application form (downloaded from NABI)
2) Application form forwarded by Head of Department or Dean or Registrar or Head of
the Institute on letterhead, if the candidate is pursuing a degree.
10) The final date of the application to reach NABI: December 10, 2020, by 5:30 PM.
11) Stipend: No
Download Application Format From Below (PDF)
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: NABI Research Training With Project Opportunity – Biotech & Food Tech. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.