Life Science Research Data Curator at Novo Nordisk – Apply Online
Life Science Research Data Curator at Novo Nordisk – Apply Online. PhD/Postdoc Life Science candidates are eligible to apply online for a Senior Research Data Curator position that is available at Novo Nordisk, which is one of the world’s most successful pharmaceutical companies and with great growth potential.
This job expires in :
Novo Nordisk Vacancy Details
Designation: Senior Research Data Curator
Location: Bangalore, India
About the department:
The recently established Department of Data Integration & Ontologies– Bangalore is an expansion of the department of Data Integration & Ontology in Måløv. This team aims at digitization of data from very early research. With FAIR principles as the foundation, the department aims at simplifying the process of data capture utilizing semantic models to establish interoperability across data sets from pre-clinical research. The long-term vision of the department is to create a digital mindset by driving the adoption of FAIR principles across the pipeline. This department plays a key role in the intersection between research scientists, application developers as well as data modelers. The team will work as a liaison amongst these groups to guaranteethe quality and consistency of data being generated while showcasing strong gains from analytics models utilizing clean data.
As a Senior Data Curator, you will be expected to collaborate with stakeholders in the development of data capture forms to annotate and also harmonize legacy data. You are expected to support data ingestion, curation, and integration, maintain data lineage of the curated information as well as likewise accelerate digital innovation through identification as well as the implementation of NLP and NER tools to (semi) automate data curation. Job responsibilities consist of however are not limited to the following:
- harmonization of data following pre-defined Novo Nordisk standards through the use of Novo Nordisk approved vocabularies and also ontologies
- add to the enrichment and expansion of public ontologies for NN need through the curation of proprietary terms to fit the defined standards
- work with diverse stakeholders across the company and also with owners of specific data elements to address data quality or consistency issues through curation also secure
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) within ontology enrichment, meta-data management & biocuration.
- collaborate closely with data owners and data analysts to guarantee data is complete, accurate as well as timely as well as additionally evangelize the use of controlled vocabularies and data management best practices, making it a high-value resource within the organization by maintaining systems and also operating procedures within the department to ensure/maintain high scientific quality of studies.
- connect with global co-ordinated data management efforts in public
- represent NN data management efforts in approved International Conferences and also Consortia
- PhD/ Postdoc degree in Life Science or comparable degree in computer science, Information Technology, Clinical information management or equal qualifications within ontology enrichment, meta-data management & biocuration
- Minimum 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical or life science industry with at least 1 year within biocuration, meta-data management and ontology enrichment.
- Experience working with FAIR principles as well as in meta/master data management is a plus
- Knowledge of biomedical ontologies and standards is considered a plus
- Experience working Bioinformatics analysis is considered a plus.
- Fluency in written and also spoken English
- Sensitivity to cultural issues as well as the ability to work in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
Contact: For further information, please contact Shiva K at [email protected]
Deadline: 11 December 2020
Editor’s Note: Life Science Research Data Curator at Novo Nordisk – Apply Online, novo nordisk careers. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.