Thermo Fisher Molecular Biology Application Scientist Job Opening. Thermo Fisher Scientific hiring for a Field Application Specialist job opening. Field Application Specialist Jobs at Thermo Fisher. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all the details below:
Job Title: Field Application Scientist II
Job ID: 123724BR
Job Location: Chennai, India
- The Job profile needs expertise in one or more of the Genetic Analysis techniques offered by Thermo Fisher- such as Real-time PCR, Capillary Electrophoresis, NGS (ION Torrent), Microarray (Affymetrix).
- Great knowledge of basic Molecular Biology techniques is absolutely essential such as sample extraction using manual and automated workflow techniques, as additionally experience in using Elisa Plate readers and washers, as likewise the use of ancillary equipment for MOL BIO experiments that are normally part of all labs such as centrifuges, vortex, equipment used in quantitative/qualitative measurements of nucleic acids/proteins, as the role would certainly be to primarily support the GSD and also BID business of Life Sciences Group for instruments as well as consumables.
- The role will certainly comprise of active customer interactions, predominantly at customer sites or laboratories for the purpose of training users on our platforms, mostly in the South (Chennai based) regions and also occasionally need to travel outside.
- Nonetheless, the applicant should be willing to relocate to North/North-East if the business requirements so demands. The candidate would certainly also be expected to provide demonstrations of our platforms as part of pre-sales activities and provide technical inputs to the sales/commercial team.
- The role would need great communication (and also presentation) skills for customer-facing activities such as Demos, presentations at scientific seminars and also workshops, training and also pre-sales discussions (including via tele as well as e-mail), again, mostly in the regions mentioned earlier.
- The applicant ought to have a good understanding of Windows-based tools for Analysis of data – for the applications or platforms that are stated here. Basic knowledge of biology for various plant and also an animal/ microbial systems will assist in the finer aspects of the role.
- The candidate needs to be an absolute team player and works really closely with sales, service as well as various other cross-function teams in the region.
- M.Sc. 3-5 years of hands-on experience in pertinent MolBio techniques such as sample extraction, real-time PCR, Elisa Plate readers & Washers need to as well as experience in Sanger sequencing, NGS and Microarray will be an advantage.
- PhD. with 1-2 years of relevant research experience is additionally acceptable.
- Need to possess good communication and also presentation abilities.
- Flexible to travel 75% anywhere in South Asia.
- The incumbent of this role will certainly be Originally based in Chennai and also after a year is expected to move to the North or East of India.
Editor’s Note: Thermo Fisher Molecular Biology Application Scientist Job Opening, molecular biology jobs. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.