BIRAC BIG – Up to Rs 50 Lakh Biotechnology Ignition Grant
BIRAC BIG – Up to Rs 50 Lakh Biotechnology Ignition Grant. Entrepreneurs which include scientists, graduates, research scholars, faculty etc are encouraged to apply for the BIRAC Biotechnology Ignition Grant. You can get Grant-In-Aid up to of Rs. 50 Lakhs. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
BIRAC ANNOUNCES 17TH CALL FOR PROPOSALS UNDER THE BIOTECHNOLOGY IGNITION GRANT BIG SCHEME 1ST AUGUST -15TH SEPTEMBER, 2020 5:30 PM
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Section 8 ‘Not-for-Profit Company’ of Government of India, has been set up as DBT’s interface agency, to serve as a single window for emerging biotech companies.
The scheme enables technology innovators and entrepreneurs to pursue a promising technology idea, and establish and validate proof of concept (POC) for the idea.
KEY FEATURES OF THE CALL
- Supports high-level innovation in the Biotech sector and is not meant for basic research projects.
- Grant-in-aid up-to INR 50 lakhs for a maximum period of 18 months
- Implementation and Mentoring through BIRAC’s BIG Partners
WHO CAN APPLY?
- BIRAC invites proposals from Biotech Start-ups and Individual Entrepreneurs with innovative idea having potential for commercialization. Eligible entities include:
- Start up age allowed for a registered company/ LLP incorporated under BIG w.e.f 1st Aug 2020: 5 years
- Scientists, Faculty, Research Scholars, Graduates in any discipline incubating/ intend to incubate at a BioIncubator
- Eligibility criteria for startups under BIG has been revised.
HOW TO APPLY?
BIG scheme allows only online submission of proposals. For proposal submission please register on BIRAC website under “BIG User”. User registration is open round the clock. For further details on the scheme, eligibility criteria, FAQs and registration log on to www.birac.nic.in.
Note: Prior recipients of BIG grant are ineligible
For any queries, please contact:
Editor’s Note: BIRAC BIG – Up to Rs 50 Lakh Biotechnology Ignition Grant. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.