PhD at NIBMG – PhD Program Admission 2020
PhD at NIBMG – PhD Program Admission 2020. National Institute of Biomedical Genomics Kalyani PhD Programme Admission 2020. National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) PhD Programme Admissions 2020. Check out details on the same below:
This call expires in :
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS
राष्ट्रीय जैबचिकित्सा जीनोमिक्स संस्थान
(An Autonomous Institution of the Government of India)
P.O.: N.S.S., Kalyani 741251, West Bengal, India
Applications are welcomed from suitable applicants to pursue doctoral research at NIBMG. The chosen students are expected to work on human diseases with emphasis on gaining biological insights into disease mechanisms using clinical samples and also appropriate models, both in silico as well as in vivo. NIBMG is equipped with cutting-edge technologies that include single-cell sequencing as well as bulk DNA sequencing NGS platforms, extensive computational and also bioinformatics facility, genetic engineering consisting of cutting-edge CRISPR-Cas Genome editing labs, FACS (cell sorter), low and high-resolution imaging facility, Multiplex Elisa/ALPHA-LISA, upcoming state-of-the-art zebrafish as well as proteomics facilities.
The broad areas of research on which students are expected to work are listed below:
1. Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of:
A. Infectious disease
B. Chronic disease
2. Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
15% of the seats are reserved for the SC category, 7.5% for the ST category and also 27% for non-creamy layer OBC category. Certifications from relevant authorities are to be provided as proof before the interview.
The minimal eligibility criteria for accepting students at NIBMG to pursue research leading to a Ph.D. degree are:
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Applicants in general category need to have secured at least 55% aggregate in the Master’s degree. This will certainly be relaxed for reserved categories as they are only required to successfully complete the Master’s degree.
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC,
CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only), NBHM, BINC, and also should have a valid award letter of Research Fellowship at the time of interview.DST-INSPIRE students with a.
provisional certificate from DST is also qualified to apply. Candidates who have qualified.
for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other fellowship for the reserved categories.
are encouraged to apply.
- Should have an MBBS or B.Tech (Biotechnology) with a minimum of 55% marks together with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (Category I only).
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research labs to prepare for a research career in biomedical sciences. This condition is not applicable to individuals
belonging to reserved categories.
How to Apply:
- Please apply on-line through web link: https://apply.nibmg.ac.in/ (no other form of application will be accepted). Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category.
- The online application will be accepted up until 5 PM on 15th June 2020. Short-listed applicants will certainly be called for a formal interview to make the final selection. The interview will certainly be in July 2020.
View Detailed Notification Below
View Flyer Below
Click here to APPLY ONLINE
Editor’s Note: PhD at NIBMG – PhD Program Admission 2020. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.