Life Sciences Project JRF Position Available at Ahmedabad University
About the School of Arts and Sciences
The School of Arts and Sciences at Ahmedabad University currently operates in all fields of Biological and Life Sciences, including molecular parasitology, cell biology, nanobiotechnology and related domains (please visit https://ahduni.edu.in/dbls/ for details). The School of Arts and Sciences has other divisions in Humanities and Languages, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Performing and Visual Arts, and Social Sciences also.
This job expires in :
Job Title: JRF (Junior Research Fellow)
No. of Vacancies: 01
Name of the Project: “Identification and characterization of a novel protein from Leishmania donovani with potential implication in cell death pathways” (File No. CRG/2019/002091).
Name of the PI: Professor Souvik Sen Gupta
School: School of Arts and Sciences
Duration of the Engagement: One year and extendable up to a maximum of two more years based on annual performance review. This position is co-terminus with the project. The total duration of the project is three years.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit their application with their curriculum vitae (CV) through email by writing to [email protected] with the following text in the subject of your email: “Application for JRF-SERB SSG Project” by June 20th, 2020. The CV should include details of academic grades starting from 10th standard onwards with details of the year of passing, university/college, etc. and also work experience and nature of work if applicable. Name and contact details of two referees must also be included in the CV. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed for the date of the interview by phone/email. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
The project is sponsored by DST-SERB, India. The JRF will work at Biological and Life Sciences Division, School of Arts and Sciences, Ahmedabad University to characterise a novel protein from Leishmania donovani which is hypothesised to be involved in the cell death pathway of Leishmania donovani, a unicellular kinetoplastid protozoan parasite. The research may also require performing some experiments in collaborating labs and research institutes.
- Support in various ongoing research activities in the laboratory.
- Assist with various academic and research activities including cell culture, laboratory experiments, ordering and maintenance of project reagents and equipment, progress report/manuscript writing, and maintaining project finances.
- Hired personnel may have to train/teach undergraduate and graduate students for a day to day research activities.
- Candidates having a background in microbiology and molecular biology are encouraged to apply. The project requires a basic understanding of gene cloning.
- Prior experience in cell culture, gene cloning (making gene-specific primers, working with vectors, restriction digestion, PCR) is highly desirable.
The candidate must have completed a Masters degree in any branch of Life Sciences with some research experience of working in a research laboratory. NET-LS and GATE qualified candidates are also encouraged to apply.
Editor’s Note: Life Sciences Project JRF Position Available at Ahmedabad University. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.