ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment – Pearl Millet Breeding Job
ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment – Pearl Millet Breeding Job. ICRISAT hiring for research vacancies, and bsc candidates with mentioned qualifications are eligible. Check out all the details posted below on the same:
This job expires in :
Name of Job: Scientific Officer
No. of Posts: 01
How to Apply:
Applicants ought to apply on or prior to 7 May 2020, with latest Cv, and the names and also call info of 3 references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only shortlisted applicants will be called.
Please CLICK ON THIS LINK to send your application.
Deadline: on or before 7 May 2020
- Scientific support and maintain pearl millet breeding nurseries as well as trial records.
- Digitalizing breeding as well as field trials data (in BMS) and its management.
- Handling breeding operations such as hybrid seed production, back crossing, selfing etc.,
- Executing the planned scientific experiments and data analyses.
- Implementing Rapid Generation plan in the pearl millet breeding program making use of QC markers
- Monitoring partner’s locations trials and breeding nurseries as well as data collection.
- Handling cold storage materials and its record for pearl millet breeding.
- Provide aid and also support to various on-going research activities in pearl millet breeding program.
- Provide support to scientist in data summary and also drafting appendices as well as other related jobs from time to time
- Micronutrient (grain Fe/Zn) estimation of grain samples making use of XRF, its summarization as well as selection of micro-nutrient rich lines
Essential criteria and competencies:
- M.Sc. in Plant Breeding and also Genes from a reputed university with sound academic record
- Applicant having 2-3 years of working experience in hybrid breeding techniques and also its operations, and if especially, in pearl millet breeding will be chosen
- Working Knowledge on field designs for trials planning as well as randomization
- Know data management methods and capability to make use of computer (MS office, Excel, Access) as well as field tabs
- Knowledge on Crop and also nutrient management
- Proficiency in English communication abilities (both written and spoken).
- Acumen for breeding-pedigree data management as well as data analysis is preferable.
- Need to be an excellent team player and also adaptable to working in multicultural team.
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for 3 years renewable based on the financing availability, incumbent’s performance and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
Editor’s Note: ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment – Pearl Millet Breeding Job, icrisat recruitment. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.