Bose Institute Admissions PhD Programme – Applications Invited
The notification for the Bose Institute Admissions for PhD Programmes has been released. It’s an online application procedure. Bose Institute Admissions PhD Programme – Applications Invited. Candidates with a background in Biological Sciences/ Life Sciences are eligible. Check details below:
This call expires in :
(An autonomous research institute of Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Advertisement No: BI/NET-JRF/25/2019-20
Admission for PhD Programme
Acharya J.C. Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent, established Bose Institute in 1917. The Institute was established as Asia’s first interdisciplinary research centre as well as bears a century-old tradition of excellence in research.
The Institute recruits students to its PhD programme twice a year, for sessions beginning.
tentatively in January and also July. Interviews for the session starting tentatively in July 2020 will be held during April 1- 7, 2020 from 10:30 onwards at the Centenary campus of Bose Institute, Kankurgachi, P-1/ 12, C.I.T. Scheme VII M, Kolkata 700054.
Broad areas of research: Chemical, Interdisciplinary, Life and also Physical Sciences.
- Candidates can apply simultaneously to more than one research area mentioned above.
- Interviews for every research area will be held on a separate day.
Fellowship: Admissible as per Govt. of India rules.
Eligibility for PhD Interview:
(1) Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent). It should be valid at the time of admission.
(2) Master’s degree in Engineering/ Science/ Technology in Atmospheric/ Agricultural/ Biological/ Chemical/ Computational/ Environmental/ Life/ Physical/ Marine/ Mathematical/ Statistical/ Veterinary Sciences or equivalent with the percentage of marks as well as timelines which ought to satisfy the criteria of JRF award in (1) at the time of joining.
(3) Applicants who are in the final year of their Master’s degree as well as in possession of an award of a JRF could likewise be admitted provisionally, based on the prevalent JRF rules as well as their:
(a) Submitting evidence of the successful completion of their Master’s degree, within six.
months of joining the PhD programme.
(b) Award of JRF needs to be valid on the date of submission of their Master’s degree.
(4) Age limitation: 28 years as on the day of application and also relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/ Women candidates based on Govt. Rules.
(5) DST-INSPIRE applicants can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. In case, they are not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, their provisional admission is liable to be terminated by the Institute.
(6) Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. however that do not have actually a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above or equal are ineligible to apply.
Registration for PhD Interview:
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility needs to register on-line at the URL–.
- Deadline for on-line Registration:
6 PM of March 24th, 2020extended to 6 PM of
April 14, 2020
- In case of any type of difficulty during on-line registration, please email [email protected].
- An online acknowledgement receipt will be generated on successful registration.
- Applicants have to produce this acknowledgement receipt for the interview. No candidates will be entertained for the interview without this receipt.
- The medium of the interviews in English.
- A list of candidates qualified for the Interview will be posted on the Institute website well before the interview. It will contain names of applicants as well as the date and time on which they need to appear for a given research area.
- If eligible, applicants can be asked to appear for more than one research area.
- Eligible candidates must report at the time and also venue mentioned, for every research area.
- Outstation candidates who are found eligible for more than one research area need to be prepared to stay in Kolkata for a few days, depending upon the areas they apply to.
- Applicants need to bring photocopies of all original documents (testimonials, mark sheets, award letter, etc.) at the time of interview.
- It needs to be especially kept in mind that if selected, all originals (award letter, degrees, mark sheets, etc.) must be produced during admission, else offer of admission will stand cancelled.
- Candidates will need to fill up a form at the reporting desk, where they will need to specify their choice of research areas mentioned above.
- No TA/DA is acceptable for appearing at the interview.
Shortlist as well as selection:
- The shortlist of candidates chosen at the interviews will be posted on the Institute website.
- It ought to be especially kept in mind that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
- Once the shortlist of applicants is posted on the Institute website, info on the future course of action as well as the timelines thereof will be mentioned on the Institute web site or will be communicated to the applicants with email or phone.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Bose Institute Admissions PhD Programmes – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.