WOS-C Women Scientist Scheme KIRAN-IPR: Download Question Papers
Women Scientist Scheme WOS-C is one among the most coveted programs that Women Scientists in India apply for. It is an initiative started by the Government of India, Department of Science & Technology (DST) to help women scientists in India to return to the field of mainstream science with a special focus on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
WOS-C Women Scientist Scheme aims to train women from a myriad of scientific backgrounds for a year, this, in turn, allows them to even work from home and maintain a good work and home life balance. This call opens once a year and is one of the most sought after schemes.
The selection process for the WOS-C Women Scientist Scheme is via an online examination and interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be called to appear for the online examination.
The examination is objective in nature and will contain negative marking. The examination has two sections Section A (General Section) and Section B (Technical Subject Section).
Some of the subject domains for the WOS-C Women Scientist Scheme Online Examination Section B are listed below:
(1) Chemistry and Chemical Sciences
(2) Food, Drugs & Pharma
(3) Life Sciences & Biotechnology
(4) Mechanical, Production, Industrial Engg, Civil Engg, Structural Engg, Construction Engg, Transportation Engg, Material Science Engg
(5) Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation & Biomedical Engg
(6) Computer Science/ Engg, IT and Information & Communication Technology
(7) Others (Science & Engg /Technology subjects not covered in the above domains)
WOS-C Women Scientist Scheme Training consists of an Orientation program, Hands-On Training and Workshops, all curated to ensure that the applicants are equipped with the latest and updated trends in the subject.
Since the WOS-C Women Scientist Scheme notification will be out anytime in the first quarter of 2020. Check out the questions papers given below and start your preparation for the examination ASAP.
Wishing you all the best! And follow Biotecnika to be notified of the Official Announcement of the WOS-C Scheme 2020.
General Eligibility Criteria for WOS-C:
- Women with Indian citizenship
- Minimum essential qualification: Master of Science; Bachelors in Engineering/Technology or equal.
- MSc/BTech/MBBS/M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.V.Sc or equivalent/PhD or equivalent
Stipend: Ranging from Rs. 20,000 per month to Rs. 30,000 per month.
Duration of Training: For a year
Age Limit: 27 – 45 years
How to Apply:
Official Notification for next will be out anytime in the first quarter of 2020.
Download Previous Years Question Papers of WOS-C (KIRAN-IPR) [7th Batch]
Download Previous Years Question Papers of WOS-C (KIRAN-IPR) [8th Batch]
Editor’s Note: Women Scientist Scheme KIRAN-IPR: Download Question Papers. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the Life sciences industry.