Amgen Scholars Program 2020 – Indian Students Apply
The notification for the Amgen Scholars Asia Program is out. It’s open to applicants from all of the globe. It’s a Summer Research Program. Interested individuals can check all of the details on the Undergraduate Summer Research Program in Science and Biotechnology given below:
This call expires in :
Annually, the Amgen Scholars Asia Program offers sixty chosen undergraduate students
throughout the world with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of Asia’s premier educational institutions. Currently, four institutions in Asia host the summer research program. The Amgen Foundation has dedicated $74 million over sixteen years to this global initiative to make the opportunity possible for thousands of students.
Inspiring the Scientists of Tomorrow:
As Amgen Scholars, students will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in important institution research projects, gain hands-on laboratory experience and contribute to the advancement of science;
- Engage with and get assistance from faculty mentors, consisting of some of Asia’s leading academic scientists; and
- Participate in engaging scientific seminars, workshops and other networking events.
The Amgen Scholars Asia Symposium:
A signature element of the summer program is a symposium hosted at the National University of Singapore where students hear firsthand from leading scientists working in industry and academia. The Asia symposium offers students with a valuable opportunity to discuss their research, learn about drug discovery and development, and network with various other Amgen Scholars from around Asia and the globe.
Academic Research Areas
Any disciplines related to the discovery, development, manufacture and delivery of
human therapeutics, as well as the overall biomedical and biotechnology enterprise.
Financial support is a crucial part of the Amgen Scholars Program. Please note that details differ from the host institution. See each institution’s summer research program website for additional information.
Amgen Scholars Asia Program candidates must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or it’s equivalent); and.
- At a minimum, have finished their initial year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and.
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for a minimum of one semester or one quarter.
Asia Program candidates should likewise have:
- A strong record of academic performance; and
- A great working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL ( iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language, and
- An interest in pursuing a PhD
Each of the 4 host institutions in Asia has its very own application process, yet the application deadline for all is in early February.
For inquiries connected to the Asia Program, take a look at amgenscholars.com.
or contact the Amgen Scholars Global Program Office at [email protected] or +1 617-384-6758.
Asia Program Dates:
View Flyer Below
Editor’s Note: Amgen Scholars Program 2020 – Summer Research Program in Science and Biotechnology, Undergraduate Summer Research Program, AMGEN Asia Scholars Program, Summer Research Program AMGEN. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also, the Podcast that we have for free listen on SoundCloud.