PhD Program Admissions 2020 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)
PhD Program Admissions 2020 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS). M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) candidates can apply for the Ph.D. Admission 2020 at ILS.
This call expires in :
Advt. No.: 16/2019
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research welcomes applications from Indian nationals for PhD programs in the following research areas:
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Disease Biology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Human Genetics
The name of the faculties that are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS or through their extramural projects is listed below under the respective research areas. The candidates are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed info regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
1. Cancer Biology
Dr Sandip K. Mishra (Chromatin Remodeling in Breast Cancer)
Dr Sanjeeb K. Sahoo (Nanomedicine mediated targeting of Cancer Stem-Like Cells)
Dr Soumen Chakraborty (Chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) disease progression)
Dr Rajeeb K. Swain (Developmental Biology)
Dr Rupesh Dash (Gene Therapy for Cancer)
Dr Punit Prasad (Epigenetic & Bioinformatics)
Dr A. Dixit (Drug design and discovery, Bioinformatics)
2. Infectious Disease Biology:
Dr Narottam Acharya (Genomic Instability and Diseases)
Dr Sunil K. Raghav (Immuno-Genomics and Systems Biology)
Dr Santosh Chauhan (Autophagy)
Dr Dileep Vasudevan (Structural Biology – Macromolecular Crystallography)
Dr Arun Nagaraj (Mosquito Biology)
Dr Amol Suryawanshi (Clinical Proteomics & Proteoinformatics)
3. Plant Biotechnology:
Dr Nrisingha Dey (Development of Novel plant promoters)
4. Human Genetics
Dr P.V. Ramchander (Human/Medical Genetics & Molecular Diagnostics)
- Applicants should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent certification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equal grade point). Candidates awaiting final results may additionally apply, nonetheless, if shortlisted, they need to produce their final mark sheet on the day of the interview, failing which they will certainly not be interviewed.
- Candidates must have additionally qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and also the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along
with the application.
- The applicant should be below 28 years in age, as on 31st December 2019. Age relaxation of five years in the case of SC/ST/women/ PH applicants and also three years when it comes to OBC applicants will be given (based on Govt. of India rules).
Candidates except for SC/ST/ Physically handicapped are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of ” Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar together with the duly filled-in application form by the date mentioned below, for each research area.
The fellowship, as well as other emoluments, will certainly be according to the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/ CSIR/ICMR and also as revised from time to time.
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to second class sleeper will certainly be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
How to Apply:
Interested as well as eligible applicants may fill-up the prescribed application form as offered in ILS website (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all pertinent certificates as well as demand draft needs to be sent to the
” Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023.” The application ought to reach the Institute on or prior to the last date. Applications obtained after the last date will certainly not be accepted. The envelope must be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology or 3) Plant Biotechnology 4) Human Genetics”. Applicants need to mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying. Applicants interested to apply for more than one research area need to send out separate applications for each research area, with separate fees.
List of candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute web site (www.ils.res.in).
Application to ILS-Ph. D. program does not automatically assure that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without designating any reasons thereof.
- Last date of receiving applications: 31st December 2019
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute site: 10th January 2020.
- Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of February 2020. The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed in the ILS website.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: PhD Program Admissions 2020 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), PhD Program Admissions 2020, phd admission procedure make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. For more you can also keep up with us on all of our social media handles and also download our app from the app store and it is free.