JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020 – Life Sciences
The official notification for the JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020. JNCASR SRFP-2020. SRFP-2020 JNCASR notification. Interested and eligible candidates can check out the JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020 (Life Sciences) information below:
This expires in :
The Centre provides summer fellowships for 2 months to bright undergraduate and MSc students studying in India. This programme has proved to be very popular and competitive; every year, about 2000 students from all around India apply for the ~80 fellowships awarded. Each of the fellowships is supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. Students are placed with research groups at JNCASR or with scientists everywhere in India. They’re paid travelling expenses and a monthly stipend of Rs.10,000/-. Selected students get the chance to participate in cutting-edge research, and several summer projects have contributed to publications in major journals. A number of summer students of previous years have gone on to pursue graduate studies and a research career, in the JNCASR or in another leading university.
Life Sciences: Infectious and non-infectious diseases, bioinformatics, developmental biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, life-history evolution, circadian biology, animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, evolutionary genetics, experimental evolution, population dynamics, phylogeography, neurophysiology, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics and cell biology.
Materials Sciences: Nano sciences, energy and green materials.
Chemical Sciences: Solid state chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry, organic and asymmetric synthesis, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials, renewable energy and healthcare related materials chemistry.
Physical Sciences: Condensed matter theory and experimentation, statistical physics, semiconductor materials physics, biophysics, nanophysics, organic electronics, computational materials science, soft matter, semiconductor interfaces, heterostructures, physical metallurgy and transmission electron microscopy.
Engineering Sciences: Computational fluid dynamics using mesoscopic simulation methods, dynamics and rheology of complex microstructured fluids such as suspensions, emulsions and polymer solutions, flow of granular media, Active matter, Hydrodynamic stability of Newtonian and viscoelastic fluids, high Reynolds number flows and turbulence, non-linear dynamics and chaos, vortex dynamics, mass and heat transfer, geophysical fluid dynamics, microfluidics, acoustofluidics, and microgravity science.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLYING:
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post-graduation (if applicable).
- Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., I, II & III year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B.Tech., I year of M.Sc., and I-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. Can apply for Life Sciences.
- Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. And I-III year of Integrated M.Sc. Can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics.
- Students presently IV year of BS-MS, I year-old M.Sc. and IV year of Int. M.Sc. Can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
The students chosen under this programme are placed with scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India, for two continuous months with a stipend of Rs.10,000/- p.m and travelling support according to Centre’s criteria. Detailed information and application form may be downloaded from http://www.jncasr.ac.in/fe/srfp.php. The filled in application form with attested documents should reach the address cited below latest by.
The Academic Coordinator
Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore – 560 064.
1. Please guarantee that your finished application consists of:
(a) Two confidential reports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals.
(b) Attested Xerox duplicates of pertinent mark sheets etc.
2. Students that have actually currently completed this programme earlier need not apply.
3. Your “Area of Research” on the left-hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
4. Mere application to this programme does not call for selection.
- Last date for downloading the application form from the website: 6 December 2019
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: 13 December 2019
- Selected candidates will be intimated by 28th February 2020 and the list will also be available on the link mentioned above.
View Notification & Download Application Format Below
Editor’s Note: JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020 – Life Sciences, JNCASR Life Sciences Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020, JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program, JNCASR SRFP-2020, JNCASR SRFP 2020. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media platforms for the latest in the life sciences industry.