IISER Tirupati Biology PhD Admission January 2020
The official announcement for the IISER Tirupati PhD Biology Program Admissions August 2020 has been made and the application portal has been opened. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the course offeres, the minimal eligibility criteria, additional eligibility criteria and application procedure and such below:
This call expires in :
ADMISSION TO PHD PROGRAM– January 2020
IISER Tirupati invites applications for admission to the PhD program, January 2020. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Earth and Climate Sciences and connected interdisciplinary areas of research. In addition to research, the programme includes coursework as well as teaching assistantship.
Please keep in mind that the specific eligibility criteria for January 2020 admissions might vary from department to department and are given below. Info regarding individual faculty profiles and also areas of research can be acquired from the IISER Tirupati website.
The broad areas of research, important dates and eligibility criteria in each department are as follows:
Plant Molecular and Stress Biology, Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Genetics and Genome Stability, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, DNA nano-biology and Single Molecule Spectroscopy.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BIOLOGY:
- Students with minimal 55% marks in aggregate (overall portion; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/ Biological Sciences/Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
- Applicants with BE/B. Tech degree with minimal 60% marks in aggregate (overall percent; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- JGEEBILS 2018 examination.
- DBT-JRF-A/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-BINC/ ARS-NET (ICAR)/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ DST-INSPIRE.
- For CSIR-LS rank-holders, up to rank 200 are eligible.
- For DAE-JEST/GATE rank-holders, up to rank 300 (GATE Life Sciences) are qualified.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can send their forms for the Biology discipline in the following link:
General Information to the Applicants:
The applicant MUST have:
A. Qualified a minimum of ONE of the above mentioned extra eligibility criteria.
B. A valid CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC NET-LS or INSPIRE-Ph. D. fellowship.
C. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students having CGPA >= 8.0.
2. The fellowships/scores/ranks must be valid at least till Jan 2020. Please keep in mind that the admission standards can change during the next round of admission.
3. SC/ST, PD and also KILOMETRES (Kashmiri migrant) applicants percentage may be kicked back with 5% or 0.5 in case of CGPA.
4. Applicants in the final year of their certifying degree are also qualified to apply. Nevertheless, their last selection is subject to their successful conclusion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisionary degree certification is compulsory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st Jan 2020).
The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as well as final selection is based on interview performance.
TA/DA will be provided to the SC/ST/PD students appearing for the interview according to institute standards.
Applying does not automatically ensure that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments might use added criteria (based on scholastic performance and/or performance in the nationwide level tests) to shortlist applicants for interviews.
Upon selection and subsequently joining the PhD program, applicants who do not have any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., however without HRA component.
- All communication with applicants will be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related specific queries, please contact the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the adhering to e-mail addresses:
Candidate should not be greater than 28 yrs at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3yrs will be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/ Female applicants. Applicants belonging to reserved category will need to submit pertinent certifications if selected. Relaxation may also be given whenever suitable applicants are not available, in exceptional circumstances.
- Opening date of Online Application: Oct 11, 2019
- Closing date of Online Application: Nov 4, 2019
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: Nov 11, 2019 (Tentative).
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: Nov 30 and Dec 1, 2019.
- Announcement of Interview Results: Dec 10th, 2019 (Tentative).
- Registration of PhD Programme: 01 Jan 2020.
Editor’s Note: IISER Tirupati Biology PhD Admission January 2020, IISER PhD Biology Program January 2020, IISER PhD Admissions January 2020, IISER PhD Admission 2020, January PhD Admission 2020. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – and also make sure to check out our Podcast that is released on a weekly basis for free listen on SoundCloud.