ICGEB Life Sciences Fellowships for PhD – Arturo Falaschi 2021
The notification for the Life Sciences Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships 2021 has been announced. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the scheme, the overview, application details, financial stability, timelines and all of the important links are given below:
This call expires in :
Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships
ICGEB provides competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly encouraged scientists wanting to pursue PhD research studies within a world-class scientific atmosphere. Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, accessibility to advanced facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, and full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
To Apply: Applicants must contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of the choice with a motivation letter, to ascertain the availability of lab space and also to specify the research project proposal which will form an essential component of the application.
Eligibility: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Applicants for ICGEB Trieste must hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi must hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates need a fantastic working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate( or equal ). Not mandatory when scholastic education was undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy has to be under age 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth following 31/03/1988). There’s no age limitation for applications such as ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
Duration: 3 years PhD course together with the possibility of 1-year expansion.
Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB laboratory at the beginning of the fellowship along with a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
The university tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
Support for participation in Meetings and Courses Is Usually provided by the Group Leader / PI.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Submission: Please complete this application online. Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are national for endorsement. The endorsement is a basic necessity for the Fellowship to be awarded. The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate endorsed and complete applications received by the closing date. The principal criteria for selection include scientific excellence of this project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for your home country. The candidates will be notified of this outcome by email when possible following the final date for applications.
Accommodation ICGEB Trieste:
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
- Trieste, Italy: 1 October 2021
- New Delhi, India: 1 August 2021
- Cape Town, South Africa: 15 January 2022
Closing Date for Applications: 31 MARCH 2021
Editor’s Note: ICGEB Life Sciences Fellowships for PhD – Arturo Falaschi 2021, ICGEB fellowships, life sciences fellowships. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.