DST Women Science & Technology Proposals Invited
Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology, Science and Technology for Women Scheme, 2019 notification has been released. Interested and eligible women candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Science & Technology for Women Scheme was launched in the Nineteen Eighties for enabling women through inputs of S&T to fortify their position in the society
The goals of the scheme are:
- To encourage research, development and knowledge generation with respect to several stages of the life cycle of women;
- To encourage research, adaptation and development of technologies to create gainful employment potential of women, reduce their drudgery, enhance working conditions in local regions through inputs of S & T;
- To enhance the standard of life, look into nutrition and health of women throughout the application of S & T
Proposals are invited on the following Thrust Areas:
1. Livelihood Status and Improvement
- Innovative solutions/technologies for sustainable livelihood
- Capacity building based on natural resources & non-farm sector
- Novel women-centric farming practices
- Utilization of advanced technologies e.g. AI, 3D Printing, etc. for women-centric issues.
- Biodegradable, eco-friendly technologies.
2. Health, Nutrition and Sanitation
- Enhancing women and child mortality
- Mental Health issues of women
- Nutrition issues during different phases of women’s life cycle
- Innovative Hygiene and Sanitation Technologies
3. Women Safety and Occupational Hazards
- S&T established drudgery reduction,
- ICT Tools and other innovative technologies for women safety
- Technologies to reduce Occupation Health Hazards in different working conditions
- R&D on women’s safety and related issues
4. Women Technology Parks(WTP)
- For adaptation and development of appropriate technologies, transfer of proven technologies,
- Capacity building of women using science & technology, utilizing area certain resources;
- For WTP’s emphasis ought to be on entrepreneurship development, bankable models for long-term self-sustenance, the formation of Self Help Groups;
- Further, the agencies ought to assess the requirements of the place where WTP is being planned, taking into consideration needs of the targeted district, for this district industry centre (DIC) reports may be referred.
Proposals are invited online in the prescribed format at the portal http://onlinedst.gov.in from the State S&T Councils, R&D Organizations, Central & State Universities, their attached institutions and other S&T based NGOs according to the guidelines. The info regarding the SEED division, format, etc. can also be given at the departmental website www.dst.gov.in. The format and guidelines can be downloaded from this website/portal. The proposals should be submitted before or on
July, 30th 2019 August 16, 2019, along with 3 hard copies and a single set of required documents to the undersigned. For any questions/queries please contact:
Officer – in Charge
Ms. Indu Puri, Scientist ‘E’
Science for Equity, Empowerment & Development (SEED) Division,
Department of Science & Technology
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016
(E-mail:[email protected] & Phone: +91-11-26590341
- Organizations/Principal Investigator whose project were not recommended by DST against the previous calls under S&T for Women Scheme shouldn’t submit the Exact Same proposal again.
- SEED, DST Won’t entertain basic research proposal and incomplete applications.
- Please be aware for women technology parks preference will be given to the areas where There Isn’t Any such tech park.
- Agencies must refrain from submitting multiple proposals and in the event of ongoing programmes/projects under S&T for women scheme efforts must be made to complete the Present programmes first before taking up new projects
Format & Guidelines
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: Government of India, Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology, Science and Technology for Women Scheme, 2019 Women Science & Technology Scheme, DST Scheme for Women 2019, Latest DST Schemes for Women. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter, Podcast and all of our social media for the latest in the life sciences industry.