Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2019
The official notification for Raman – Charpak Fellowship Program – 2019 has been announced. Raman-Charpak Fellowship Program 2019 Notification. Indian nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship program in areas of life sciences. Check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
RAMAN–CHARPAK FELLOWSHIP 2019
Call for Applications
Indian & French PhD Students and French Masters’ Students
The Raman–Charpak Fellowship program is in honour of 2 Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate (1930) and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate (1992).
The Fellowship was started during the State visit of the President of France to India during in February 2013. The intention is to ease the exchange of doctoral students between the 2 nations, so as to expand the depth and scope of prospective engagements in Science, Technology and Innovation.
The Raman-Charpak Fellowship is currently the sole Indo-French bilateral Fellowship program jointly financed by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India along with the French Institute in India (IFI), French Embassy in India, Ministry for both Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France.
This program implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at enhancing the doctoral skills of French and Indian students by offering them an opportunity to carry out part of the research work in a University / Research & Development Institute established in France or India respectively.
This program is currently open to French Master Students, who want to devote some time in India in accordance with their own curriculum. It aims at enhancing the Master’s abilities of French pupils by offering them a chance to perform an internship job at a University / Research Institute established in India.
The strategy also gives exposure and expertise about the present research procedures and trends in France/India, while detecting each other’s cultural context.
This year, the 2 calls for French Master’s students and Indian & French PhD students are established respectively based on the timelines given on page 4 of the call.
Please note: Candidates need to have a pre-determined project proposal that’s been discussed and agreed upon by the student along with the 2 supervisors (French and Indian ) before applying.
This fellowship programme is dedicated to highly qualified PhD students
registered in an Indian or French Research Institute / University and Master
Students from France. The programme offers them an excellent opportunity to
carry out a part of their respective PhD/ Masters’ research project in each other
countries and to further establish professional relationships promote new S&T
cooperation, and experience another cultural context.
DURATION: Students can avail the fellowship for a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 6 months
FIELDS OF RESEARCH:
- Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Biological Sciences, Life and Medical Sciences
- Materials Science
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- For Indian Fellow: Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros a month for daily expenses, local travel, lodging charges plus Social Security charges
- For French Fellow: Fellowship support Rs. 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel etc. and lodging charges not exceeding Rs. 45,000 monthly
- To and fro air ticket in economy class between India and France
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) where is required
- Any administrative costs for Visa and Registration (if any)
- Carte de Sejour (if any)
- A Fellow may be provided with extra support (up to Euro 500 for Indian Fellows and equal support in Indian Rupees for French Fellows) for participating in a Seminar/Workshop throughout the duration of their fellowship and stay in their host nations. The exact same will be restricted to registration fees (if any) b) Bus/Train tickets for travelling including (if any) c) lodging charges (if any). Such claim will be provided on actual receipts, proof of participation/acceptance of the paper and following the conclusion of fellowship length by the awarded student (in the time of TA/DA settlement)
Please note, no assistance will be offered for the household members during the fellowship period.
- Applicants from India has to be Indian citizens living in India and also have enrolled for a PhD in a recognized college or research institution in India
- Applicants from France has to be living in France and have registered for a PhD/ Master’s degree in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Age: Maximum 30 years as on 1st April 2019
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA, also in the framework of CEFIPRA projects, and students that have a permanent position in institutions/universities aren’t eligible
- Pre-authorization or previous consent from his/her Institute / University to submit an application for a foreign fellowship program
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
- Only online submission will be considered, applicants need to register and apply in www.cefipra.org or log on to http://www.cefipra.org/proposal/index.aspx
- Interested applicants to thoroughly see the various application forms available in the online submission system
- Detailed description of this Research Plan/Proposal/ Research/ Educational Proposal (equal up to five pages) in the prescribed format (see link below), which notably asks for: the title and the research work plan, an explanation of the expected benefit from his/her stay in the proposed Research Institute / University in France / India etc..
- A CV (max as many as two pages) in the prescribed format (see link below) with current picture including a summary of accomplishments and research interests, list of relevant publications (maximum 5 most important ones), etc..
- A letter of recommendation from the PhD supervisor
- A letter of agreement from the proposed host supervisor in the fellowship lab (Foreign Research Institute / University)
- PhD synopsis or a brief summary of PhD work with titles (up to 2 pages only) [for PhD students]
- A brief summary of the purpose and work of this internship [for Masters’ students]
- Research expertise letter or publications, if any (first author or co-author); (kindly combine the first page of all of the publications and enclose as one PDF file)
- No Objection Certificate from Head of the Institution. (Just for Indian Applicants)
- A scanned copy of passport (both front and back)
- A current photo
- The documents enclosed must respect the lengths indicated previously. It’s strongly urged to apply early for timely processing instead of towards the close of the deadline. Please make sure that you fill out the application form and submit with the requested documents/attachments. Incomplete applications won’t be considered
- The host institution/university of Indian applicants have to maintain France and vice versa for the French applicants
- In the event the application is successfully submitted and, the candidate shouldn’t apply again
- Applications received through post or submitted after the deadline won’t be considered for evaluation.
For Indian & French Ph.D students
For French Masters’ Students:
- To download the format for Research Proposal (click here)
- To download the format for CV (click here)
Guidelines & Important Instructions:
- Awarded fellows shall be encouraged to submit a legal travel itinerary based on their proposed duration of fellowship stated in his/her application form
- The travelling itinerary for the visit will be valid only after the announcement of results and a given fellow shall start their fellowship by 31st March 2020 (for Indian & French PhD Students) in the newest A request made by a fellow for diminishing or increasing the duration of the fellowship could be approved on following requirements:
o An increase/decrease of the maximum 30 days from the proposed length and within the guidelines of their programme.
0 The fellow must provide a justification for such a request together with the recommendation letters from their PhD & host supervisors. Consequently, it’s advised that applicants need to carefully submit their proposed length in their application form after consulting and discussing with their PhD and host supervisors. Please be aware that in total, the general duration shouldn’t be less than two months and shouldn’t exceed 6 months.
o Such request may be considered in the initial stage of awarding the fellowship and prior to the ticket booking.
o Please notice fellowship for over 3 months of duration is processed via Campus France with different processes, hence student may carefully pick & choose the whole period of fellowship beforehand
A fellow may be encouraged to take part in a Seminar/Conference/Workshop throughout their stay in their host nations. For this purpose, the fellow ought to offer evidence of approval regarding selection of the paper/poster or their participation. CEFIPRA will look at providing support to their own registration, travel and keep throughout this period.
Please be aware that the online submission form for Indian & French PhD students will be accessible on the online submission system only from 15th May 2019 onwards.
For any further information please contact:
Dr. Purnima Rupal
Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research
(Centre Franco-Indien pour la Promotion de la Recherche Avancée-CEFIPRA)
Core 5B, Ground Floor, India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110 003 (India)
(Attn: Mr. Kunal Kasariya, Scientific Associate, CEFIPRA; E-mail:[email protected])
Office Tel. No.+91 11 24682251, +91 11 24682252
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATIONS :
- Launching: 15th May 2019
- End of Deadline: 15th July 2019
- Result: End- Sept, 2019 (Tentative)
- Starting date of fellowship: Mid-October, 2019 onwards
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: raman charpak fellowship 2019 notification, raman-charpak fellowship – 2018 notification, raman fellowship 2019, charak fellowship 2019. For more such opportunities make sure you check the Newsletter and subscribe to it. ANd also check out the Podcast we have for free listen on SoundCloud.