Research Scholars Program 2019
Official Notification for Research Scholars Program I 2019 at CDFD, Hyderabad. CDFD – Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics Hyderabad has announced the online application for Research Scholars Program I 2019. Interested and eligble candidates check all the details on the same below:
This application closes in :
The CDFD (Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the nation, which supplies services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier regions of modern biology.
The current research themes include:
- Computational & Structural Biology
- cancer and stem cell biology
- genetics and epigenetics
- cell signalling
- silkmoth genomics
- molecular and cellular biology
- molecular pathogenesis
(The details are listed on our website www.cdfd.org.in)
We encourage applications from exceptionally motivated applicants, ready to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to our Research Scholars program beginning July/August 2019. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we particularly encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars are encouraged to apply for the PhD program of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, University of Hyderabad, Regional Centre of Biotechnology or AcSIR.
To be eligible All of the candidates should have:
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture in a recognized University/ Institute OR MBBS. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / BINC / JEST / UGC — RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship. Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ [which is only for a period of two years] / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing PhD at CDFD.
a)If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE the fellowship status by 03.05.2019.
b)Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying and writing the test, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be shortlisted for interview.
- Candidates with LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
Admission to the CDFD Research Scholars program in July/August 2019 (RSP – I – 2019) will be based on interviews conducted at CDFD on June 17 and June 18, 2019. The shortlist of candidates to appear for these interviews will be prepared by CDFD from:
1. Applicants who appear in the ENTRANCE examination that will be conducted jointly by CCMB and CDFD at 19 different centres across India on May 5, 2019, and have applied to CDFD RSP – I – 2019. (CDFD-LAN Shortlist)
2. Applicants who appeared in the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2019), which was held on December 9, 2018, and have applied to CDFD RSP – I – 2019. (CDFD-JGEEBILS Shortlist)
The shortlisting will be based on cut-off scores determined by CDFD.
As the CDFD-JGEEBILS shortlist will be displayed only on 10th May 2019, candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2019 exam are encouraged to appear for the CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination to be held on May 5, 2019.
Interested candidates (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2019) need to register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM – I – 2019 by applying in the prescribed application form. online portal.
The Online facility of application will open on March 11, 2019, and will be closed on April 15, 2019.
The CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination will be held on May 5, 2019.
1. General Candidates ₹ 500/-
2. Other Backward Classes (OBC) ₹ 250/-
3. SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates ₹ 125/-
The additional Payment Gateway Transaction Charges @ 3.10% will be charged extra from the Candidate.
- Open date for submitting an online application – 11/3/2019.
- Last date for submitting an online application – 15/4/2019.
- Date of issue of ADMIT CARDS – 20/4/2019.
- Date of CCMB / CDFD joint Entrance Examination – 05/05/2019.
- The date for Display of CDFD JGEEBILS-2019 shortlists – 10/5/2019.
- The date for Display of CDFD-LAN shortlists – 10/5/2019.
- Date of the interview – 17/6/2019 & 18/6/2019.
Editor’s Note: Research Scholars Program I 2019, research program I 2019, scholars program 2019, cdfd hyderabad jobs, cdfd hyderabad research, cdfd hyderabad admissions 2019. Ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and that you are keeping up with us on all of our social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Check out the Podcast we have on SoundCloud for free listen.