2019 Xiamen University Scholarships
The notification has been released and the application portal has been opened for the XMU Scholarships for International Students/ 2019 Xiamen University Scholarships (For International Students). Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
XMU Scholarships for International Students
Application Guidelines for 2019 Xiamen University Scholarships
(For New International Students)
In 2006, XMU set up its own scholarships for international students studying in degree programs. Scholarship awardees will have their tuition fees covered. Moreover, monthly living allowances will be provided to exceptional postgraduates in accordance with the criteria of Chinese Government Scholarships.
1. Applicants have to be non-Chinese citizens in great health.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2019):
(1) Bachelor’s degree programs: hold a high school diploma or over and be under the age of 25;
(2) Master’s degree programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or over and be under the age of 40;
(3) Doctoral degree programs: hold a master’s degree or over and be under the age of 45.
III. Academic Programs
1. Chinese-medium degree programs.
Please consult with the Academic Programs section at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
2. English-medium degree programs.
Please consult with the Programs in the English section at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
IV. Duration of Scholarships:
1. Bachelor’s degree programs: 5 or 4 years;
2. Master’s degree programs: two or three years;
3. Doctoral degree programs: 4 years.
Notice: Scholarships recipients’ academic performance will be assessed annually and only those achieving the necessary standard will have their scholarship renewed for the subsequent year.
V. Scholarships Quota
1. Bachelor’s degree programs: 5;
2. Master’s degree programs: 11;
3. Doctoral degree programs: 8.
VII. Application Period: February 1 to April 30, 2019.
VIII. Application Procedures:
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application guidelines for bachelor’s degree programs:
Application guidelines for master’s degree programs:
Application guidelines for doctoral degree programs:
Applicants have to apply online at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Xiamen University Scholarships (click to download). The Scholarships Application Form Ought to Be completed in English or Chinese and signed by the applicant.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of the documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
(2) Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account frequently as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them if required.
IX. Selection and Notification:
A thorough review will be conducted on the applicant’s educational record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the university authorities for final acceptance.
The final outcome will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn at mid-July. Scholarship awardees will be advised through email. Admission Notice and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW202) will be routed out later.
X. Contact Info:
Admissions Office of Xiamen University
Add.: 422 South Siming Road, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: +86 (0) 592 2180256
Editor’s Note: Xiamen University Scholarships, International Students Xiamen University Scholarships 2019, International Students Scholarships 2019, XMU Scholarships for International Students 2019. Make sure you check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and the Podcast we have for free listen. You can also keep up with us on all of our social media profiles.