IUSSTF-DBT Khorana Program for Scholars
Exclusive Scholarship for Indian Students with B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., degree in Biotechnology and allied areas offered by IUSSTF – DBT called Khorana Program for Scholars. Interested applicants can check out all the information pertaining to eligibility, application procedure, brochure and such below:
This call expires in :
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. Of India, Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward are partnering to encourage the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honour of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work in the interface of Chemistry and Biology while some part of the UW faculty. The Khorana Program provides opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and associate universities in Summer 2019 for a period of 10-12 weeks.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Give encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research in a premier University in the USA
- Transform research into social benefits build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
Candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Biotechnology and allied areas in recognized institutions of higher education in India and finishing their degrees in/after May 2020 are eligible to apply. Final year/PhD students Aren’t eligible to apply
Applications in subject – areas aside from those defined in the advertisement won’t be considered.
- Health Insurance
- Candidates registered in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., MBBS in Biotechnology and allied areas (like food, agricultural, health and biomedical sciences) are qualified to apply.
- The applicant must have:
• Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or greater OR
• Percentage: 80 percent and greater.
Candidates are chosen only on the grounds of merit.
- Only those candidates that will be finishing their degree program on or after May 2020 are qualified to apply (preferably pre-final year students). Final Year students and PhD students aren’t eligible to apply.
- While updating the name of your parent institution, please browse through the whole dropdown list of institutions carefully. In the event your organization isn’t listed you can choose the “Others” option and type the name of your institution in the area provided.
- Please be certain that the Statement of Purpose covers:
• Anticipated Outcomes
- Candidates are encouraged to complete the online application and upload scanned copies of latest marksheet/transcript, No-Objection Certificate & two Letters of Recommendation. Supporting documents must be provided strictly based on the check-list cited in the application form. Please Don’t attach Class X/Class XII marksheets.
- Recommendation letters can be sent together with the application form or if referees desire to provide a confidential recommendation, then they can send it straight to [email protected] with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
- Hard copies of this application form/supporting documents aren’t required.
- If you don’t own a passport and have applied for it, then select “Applied for” in the passport details section of this Application form.
- Successful applicants need to identify their own U.S. host(s) according to matching research interests. It’ll be handy to identify and shortlist a couple of host institutions in the application stage itself.
- Applications in subject-fields aside from those defined in the ad won’t be considered.
IUSSTF reserves the right to amend its own policies and priorities anytime, based on situation. Applicants are advised to go to the Program site http://www.iusstf.org/program/khorana-program-forscholars often for updates.
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms won’t be accepted.
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House, New Delhi- 110 001
Phone: 91-11- 42691713, 42691700, 42691708
Email : [email protected]
Program Dates: May – July 2019
Submission Deadline – 31st October 2018
Application Guidelines PDF
Editor’s Note: khorana scholars program, scholarship program, iusstf scholarship program, biotech schoalrship program, dbt india khorana program for scholars. Check out the Newsletter that we have for free and make sure you are subscribed, download our app that is available as well.