IIT Roorkee PhD Biotechnology Admission Spring Semester 2018-19
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a PhD degree and want to check for a Biotech PhD then IIT Roorkee has announced the Ph.D. Admission for Spring Semester 2018-19. All of the details on the eligibility, criteria, online application process, application fees and such are given below:
This call expires in :
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR Ph.D. ADMISSION:
Applicants for admission to the Ph.D. Programme will be classified under any one of these categories that will be determined and recommended by DRC/CRC.
(1) For Regular Candidates:
- Research student / Candidate getting Institute assistantship.
- Research student / Candidate getting financial aid from Govt. / Semi Govt. Agencies (CSIR, UGC, NET, DBT, ICAR, ICMR, NDF, INSPIRE etc.) An applicant belonging to the aforementioned category should have these credentials in appropriate places to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D.. Programme of the Institute.
A) Masters degree or equivalent in respective discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined from the Institute where letter grades are granted; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are given, for the GENERAL (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: GATE/UGC‐NET/CSIR‐NET or equal or holding a national level fellowship. The condition for national level graduate admission test isn’t applicable to sponsored full‐time and part‐time research candidates.
Nominees with a postgraduate degree in professional courses could be admitted with institute assistantship. The condition of GATE / NET eligibility isn’t mandatory.
The admission eligibility requirements could be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55 percent marks to SC/ST/PD applicants with Master’s degree or equivalent degree.
b) B.Tech. / B.Arch. Degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with exceptional academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.00 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks) together with GATE.
Graduates in the IITs having a CGPA score of 8.00 or above (on scale of 10) will be entitled to this assistantship Without Needing to appear in GATE.
The applicants pursuing master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture from IIT Roorkee having CGPA of at least 8.50 on a 10 point scale (after first year/ completing all courses) will have a choice of internal lateral entry into Ph.D. programme after completing all requirements of the first two semesters of first year of the Master’s programme.
Note: Candidates belonging to OBC category must submit a copy of category certificate according to GOI, the format of the same is also available on the Institute site, OBC Non‐creamy layer certificate should have been issued after 31.03.2018 by a competent authority.
How to Apply:
The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure carefully before applying Online.
- The prescribed qualifications and expertise will be the minimum required and also the mere fact that a candidate possesses the exact same doesn’t entitle him/her to be called for an interview.
- Departments / Centres of the Institute reserve the right to limit the number of applicants to be called for interview to some fair number, on the basis of credentials and/or expertise.
- Provision exists to apply in one or more departments/ centres. Thus, a candidate may submit their application in one or more departments through a single online application.
- All entries should be carefully made while applying online. IIT Roorkee won’t be responsible for incorrect entries. Candidates shall be solely responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information/documents provided in the online application.
- Qualification of a candidate with respect to qualification & experience will be computed/considered with regard to the last date of the online application.
- Online application submitted by the applicants will be considered final and binding. Requests for making a correction in the online application shall not be entertained.
- Online application located incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence/communication will be entertained in this regard.
- The final date for submission of online application will not be extended. Accordingly, no petition shall be entertained for accepting the application following the last date. IIT Roorkee won’t be responsible for technical malfunction when making the online application/payment of a fee. Thus, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance without waiting until the last date.
- Online applications will be inspected, relevant documents checked/confirmed for their validity.
- Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization and the Institute Assistantship.
- Students shall be regulated by ordinance/ regulations in fashion.
- The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission for the candidate Who’s found admitted to a course to which he/she Isn’t entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the statues and regulations in force.
- Disputes if any, arising from or relating to any issue at all, regarding the aforesaid will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Roorkee Court.
- The Institute reserves the right to check the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during their period of study. If it’s found that the documents submitted by the candidate aren’t genuine, then their admission shall be terminated, and also disciplinary/criminal proceedings will be initiated.
- Simply applying for / being shortlisted/appearing for the interview / written evaluation / or following processes don’t suggest that a candidate will inevitably be offered admission in IITR. No request for considering the candidature aside from where applied will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to fill their active and correct e‐mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute via e‐mail only. Test/Interview schedule will be emailed in due course to the candidates in their registered e‐mail. No distinct letter (Hardcopy) will be sent for this purpose. Further, for any updates, please see the Institute site frequently, for following amendments in the advertising and outcomes.
- The candidates must ensure that they meet all of the eligibility requirements as specified. Their entrance will be only provisional subject to confirmation which they meet the prescribed eligibility requirements. Mere issue of call letters to the candidates won’t indicate that his/her candidature was found qualified.
- Hostel Accommodation will be provided, if available.
1. Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200/for General/OBC category and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidate. The candidates may deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable according to the rule of the concerned bank. The Fee won’t be accepted through any other mode.
2. If a candidate opts for more than 1 department/centre, then the application fee ought to be paid in accordance with the number of department/centre.
View Notification Below
Editor’s Note: biotech admissions, phd biotech admissions. biotechnology admissions, phd biotechnology admisssions, iit roorkee phd biotechnology admissions, iit roorkee admissions, phd biotech spring admissions 2018-19. Check out the YouTube channel that we have for the latest biosciences updates and also subscribe to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter.