NASI Scopus Young Scientists Awards 2018
Elsevier has launched the NASI Scopus Young Scientists Awards 2018 which is in conjunction with The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI). There are special categories that an Indian National can apply for. Over a 100 awards have been give, so interested and eligible candidates check out details on this opportunity below:
This call expires in :
The Scopus Young Scientist Awards, initially established by Elsevier in 2006, is a part of an Elsevier’s international initiative to encourage early career researchers in their quest to advance the frontiers of science across a wide assortment of subjects. In 2009, India formally embraced the program over its own scientific community through Elsevier’s cooperation with The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI).
The program honours outstanding young researchers in India that are building their careers in academic study, assisting them achieve recognition for their job. As of 2017, 101 winners across nine scientific areas are declared.
The NASI – Scopus Young Scientist of the year will receive:
- A citation & a plaque
- Cash prize of INR 75,000
This season NASI Scopus Prizes has introduced five multi-disciplinary categories which are coordinated with national assignments of Make in India, Digital India, Healthy India and Clean India. If your study (both basic and applied) is enabling or may be a useful technological instrument for the aforementioned national assignments, remember to mention it on your program because it can provide your program an extra weightage.
The Awards for 2018 will be presented the following categories:
- WOMEN IN SCIENCETo recognize India’s most promising women researchers who have demonstrated excellence in scientific field. Female applicants only.
- AGRICULTURE, PLANT SCIENCES AND RURAL DEVELOPMENTTo recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of AGRICULTURE and are committed to developing sustainable models that help in increasing food security and improving the quality of life of people living in rural areas.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENTTo recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of EARTH, OCEANOGRAPHIC, ENVIRONMENTAL and ECOLOGICAL STUDIES, SOCIAL SCIENCES and ECOSYSTEM and are contributing to protecting our planet and conserving its natural resources.
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH AND HEALTHCARETo recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of MEDICINE AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES and are making groundbreaking contributions toward improving health and wellbeing of citizens.
- INNOVATION IN ENGINEERING AND PHYSICAL SCIENCESTo recognize India’s most promising researchers who are working in the field of ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and are harnessing it to drive disruptive and sustainable growth, with a potential for high industrial and/or societal impact.
- An Indian citizen, residing and working in India
- Has completed at least PhD/MD or equal degree
- Has to be born on or after January 1st, 1977
- Female only application for Women in Science Award Category
Activity entered for this award must have been published in one or more respected, externally-refereed scientific journal(s), book(s) or equivalent electronic publication(s) and the publication must be found in Scopus.
How to Apply:
The program,complete in all respect with all the supporting documents, should be submitted to Elsevier latest by July 15th, 2018.
Applications will be judged by a panel of subject specialists from India’s academic community on standards as:
- Quality and number of publications
- Nature and uniqueness of research
- Outcomes of research
- Impact on society
- Vision of the researcher
**Please note that you can send the complete application to the address below:
Marketing Manager – South Asia
Elsevier Research Solutions
14th Floor, Building No: 10B
DLF Cyber City, Phase II, Gurgaon 122002, India
If you would like more information about the NASI-Scopus Young Scientist of the year award, please get in touch with:
Marketing Manager, South Asia
Elsevier-Research Solutions Sales
Tel : +91 124 477 4632 | email@example.com
The last date for physical receipt of the application is Thursday, 30th June 2018.
Editor’s Note: For more such golden opportunities, make sure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and also follow us on all of our social media platforms. Make sure you have downloaded our app that is available for free download.