PhD Programme Admission 2018-2019 @ NIPGR
Official notification for the PhD Programme Admission 2018-2019 at NIPGR has been announced. NIPGR – National Institute of Plant Genome Research is inviting eligible and interested candidates from a life sciences background to apply online for the PhD Programme Admission 2018-2019. Check details on the same below:
This call expires in :
National Institute of Plant Genome Research, is an Autonomous Research Institution, funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, and conducts basic and applied research in the frontier areas of plant biology. The Institute invites online applications from candidates who have completed or will be completing M.Sc. or equivalent degree (by August 31, 2018) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks, and have cleared the CSIR-UGC NET exam/DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC)/ICMR NET exam for JRF (with a Junior Research Fellowship valid at least up to December 31, 2018), for conducting advanced research in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Transgenics for Crop improvement, Molecular Breeding and other emerging areas based on plant genomics. Reservations are as per statutory norms.
The Admission to the Ph.D. programme is through two stage process consisting of Entrance Examination and interview/viva-voce. The eligible candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance examination will be shortlisted for interview/viva-voce.
Intake of students for the Academic Year 2018-19
The selected candidates will be enrolled for Ph.D. program in academic affiliation with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. NIPGR will provide hostel accommodation to selected candidates (subject to availability).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE (ONLINE ONLY)
Candidates should submit the Application Form online (in the prescribed format) and take a printout of the same, and send it by Speed Post/Registered Post to the address given below along with requisite documents and printed application fee receipt so as to reach on or before May 18, 2018 (Friday) by 05.30 p.m. The application fee is 300/- ( 100/- for SC/ST candidates provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed with the Application Form). The application fee is not refundable.
It may further be ensured that:
- Each page of the downloaded printed application should be signed by the candidate.
- The printed application must be accompanied with application fee receipt. The transaction detail may be printed and preserved for later references. The submission of an Application Form will remain incomplete until the required Application Fee is transferred successfully.
- Printed online application should be accompanied by self-attested copies of certificates and mark sheets, along with Fellowship (proof) Award Letter/Admit Card.
- Two passport size recent colored photographs should be enclosed. One of these should be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form, while the other should be enclosed.
- Completed application along with enclosures should be sent to “The Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Post Box No. 10531, New Delhi-110 067” so as to reach on or before May 18, 2018.
- Incomplete/direct offline applications and those received after the closing date will not be entertained. The decision of the Institute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- NIPGR will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for Entrance Examination and interview/viva-voce.
- Applications must enclose documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) if applicable, along with other specified enclosures.
The following important dates may be noted:
Editor’s Note: nipgr admissions, phd admissions, nipgr phd admissions 2018-2019, nipgr 2018-2019 admissions, phd admissions 2018-2019, phd admissions nipgr, phd admissions. Check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – a free of cost of subscription that you can avail by signing up for it once. You can also follow us on all of our socials and download our app that is available for free download, hassle free swiping and navigation at your fingertips.