Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18 For Life Sciences & Biotech
Check the details on Tata Innovation Fellowship 2018. Official notification for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2017-18 is given below. DBT India has announced notification for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2018. PhD Life sciences candidates and MSc Biotechnology candidates eligible to apply for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2018 as per the details given below:
This call expires in :
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY MINISTRY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
TATA INNOVATION FELLOWSHIP: 2017 18
Applications are invited for Tata Innovation Fellowship , a highly competitive
scheme instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology,
Govt. of India to recognize and reward scientists with outstanding track record in biological
sciences and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health
care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
The scheme is aimed at rewarding interdisciplinary work where major emphasis is on
innovation and translational research with a potential towards commercialization.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 55 years as on 21st November, 2017. The fellowship is co-terminus with the
superannuation of fellow in his organization.
- The applicant should possess a Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary
Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent
degree in Biotechnology / related areas. The applicant must have outstanding
contribution and publication in the specific area.
- The candidate must have a regular permanent position in a University/Institute/
Organization and should be engaged in research and development. If he/she is availing
any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The applicant should have spent at least 5 years in India before applying for the
- Evidence of outstanding track record and a deep commitment to find innovative
solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life
sciences and biotechnology.
Nature of Support:
- The amount of the fellowship is Rs. 25,000/- per month in addition to regular salary
from the host institute. If an awardee is receiving salary from international organization,
he will be entitled for research grant i.e. contingency only.
- In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum
for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic
travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with
the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship.
- The Tata Innovation Fellows would be eligible for other regular research grant(s)
through extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the
Government of India.
- The candidate will continue to work at the place of his/her employment.
- The Institution where the candidate is working would provide the necessary infrastructure and administrative support for pursuing the research under this
Number : Five per year.
Duration : Three years, extendable further by two years on a fresh appraisal.
How to Apply:
Application (six copies) may be sent as per proforma downloadable from DBT website (www.dbtindia.nic.in) and duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. A. K. Rawat, Director, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003, latest by 31st March, 2018.
Last Date : by 31st March, 2018.
Editor’s Note: Tata innovation fellowship 2018, tata innovation fellowship, tata innovation fellowship 2017-18, dbt india fellowship, dbt india tata innovation fellowship 2018, dbt tata fellowship 2018, check out the Biotecnika Times Newsletter – It is a free subscription service that you can avail by signing up for it just once. Check out the social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook.