Einstein Fellowship 2019 Applications Invited From Life Science Candidate
Apply for a Einstein Fellowship 2019. Check out the official notification for more Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation – Einstein Fellowship 2019. Please check the details given below:
This call expires in :
The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research. The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
The fellowship includes living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin. The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
Call for Applications:
Candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences. Applications for 2019 should include a CV, a two-page project proposal, and two letters of recommendation. All documents must be received by April 15, 2018.
At the end of the fellowship period, the fellow will be expected to present his or her project in a public lecture at the Einstein Forum and at the Daimler and Benz Foundation. The Einstein Fellowship is not intended for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
How to Apply:
A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant. It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD. The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship, but can be the beginning of a longer project.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO FELLOWSHIPS WILL BE GIVEN FOR DISSERTATION RESEARCH. THE PROPOSED PROJECT MUST BE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT IN CONTENT, AND PREFERABLY FIELD AND FORM, FROM THE APPLICANT’S PREVIOUS WORK.
Applications should be submitted by mail to: /
Bewerbungen sind zu richten an:
Prof. Dr. Susan Neiman
Am Neuen Markt 7
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call or fax the Einstein Forum at:
1. What kind of projects can I propose?
- Your proposed project must not be part of your dissertation or thesis, and the
application documents must be in English
- . Otherwise, there are no limitations on the project you may propose as long as you can defend your idea as interesting, original, and feasible during the fellowship period. Please also consider whether the facilities available to you here would suitably allow you to pursue your project.
2. How different should my proposed project be from my previous work?
- There is no hard and fast rule, nor is there a formula for how the proposal should look. All you need to demonstrate is that you have not already done work– e.g. master’s theses, published essays, books, etc.– directly related to your proposed project. You should have already given significant thought to your project idea.
3. Can I propose two projects?
- The fellowship is awarded for just one project. As such, we recommend focusing on strengthening just one proposal.
4. Should I attach the letters of reference in my application, or should my recommenders send them separately?
- We will accept both, but we recommend that your reference letters be emailed to us directly by their respective authors.
5. Is TOEFL/IELTS required?
- We require only the documents listed. We do not require TOEFL/IELTS results in your application, as your application should already reflect mastery of English.
6. When will I hear back about my application?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your submission as soon as possible. The application review and interview processes begin in May, with final decisions released by the end of June.
7. When does the fellowship take place?
- Although the exact dates are flexible, the 5-6 month period of the fellowship should preferably take place during the summer months and end within the calendar year.
8. Is it mandatory to stay in Einstein’s summer house?
- Yes. As part of the Einstein Fellowship, we expect the fellow to reside in Caputh.
9. What may the stipend be used for?
- The stipend is intended to cover living expenses and project expenses incurred during your fellowship period.
10. Can my family come? Does the fellowship cover travel expenses of family members?
- Your family may accompany you during the fellowship period. The fellowship will not cover their travel expenses.
11. My application was rejected. Can I reapply next year?
- As long as you still fit the other eligibility criteria, you may reapply for the fellowship next year with a new proposal.
Editor’s Note: einstein fellowship 2019, einstein forum and the daimler and benz foundation notification, official notification for einstein fellowship 2019. Biotecnika Times Newsletter – Check it out and also subscribe to it. Check out the Biotecnika Twitter and Facebook profiles.