IUSSTF & DBT India : Khorana Program for Scholars | Biotech Candidates Eligible
This call expires in :
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward are partnering to support the prestigious Khorana Program for Scholars named in honor of Dr. Har Gobind Khorana, who won the Nobel Prize in 1968 for his work at the interface of Chemistry and Biology while a member of the UW faculty. The Khorana Program will provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at University of Wisconsin-Madison (UW) and partner universities in Summer 2018 for a period of 10 weeks. A list of UW partner universities is available http://www.winstepforward.org
The Khorana Program is envisaged to
- Provide encouragement to young scholars to undertake R&D
- Enable students to carry out research at a premier University in the United States
- Transform research into societal benefits Build a seamless scientific community between India and the United States
- Health Insurance
B.Tech, M.Tech and B.Sc./M.Sc. students currently enrolled in recognized institutions of higher education in India in Biotechnology and allied areas are eligible to apply.
Students pursuing Ph.D/Final year students are not eligible to apply.
- Pre-final year candidates enrolled in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc., MBBS in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agricultural, food, health and biomedical sciences) are eligible to apply. Final Year students and Ph.D. students are NOT eligible to apply
- The applicant should have:
• Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher OR
• Percentage: 80% and higher.
- Only those candidates (preferably pre-final year) who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to fill out the online application and upload scanned copies of latest marksheet/transcript, No-Objection Certificate & 2 Letters of Recommendation. Supporting documents should be provided strictly according to the check-list mentioned in the application form. Please DO NOT attach Class X/Class XII marksheets.
- Recommendation letters can be sent along with the application form or if referees wish to give a sealed one, they may send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with Applicant’s full name in the subject line.
- Hard copies of the application form/supporting documents are not required.
- If you do not have a passport and have applied for it, choose “Applied for” in the passport details section of the Application form.
- Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
Program dates : May – July 2018
Submission Deadline : 31 January 2018
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
Join us on Facebook
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
12 Hailey Road, Fulbright House, New Delhi- 110 001
Phone: 91-11- 42691713, 42691700, 42691708
Email : email@example.com
Application Deadline – 31 January 2018
Editor’s Note: Hey there wondering where you will find information on scholarship opportunities like the one posted above? Heard of the Biotecnika Times Newsletter? Did you subscribe to it as yet? If you do – you will gain access to scholarship information like the one above. It is a free service that you can sign up for just once. For more on biotech scholarships, scholarships in india, indian biotech scholarships, india biotec scholarships and more, follow us on all of our socials as well.