AcSIR – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2018 | 20 Fellowships Available
This applications closes in :
“You have to dream before your dreams can come true”.
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, one of the greatest scientific minds, a scholar statesman and a true patriot who inspired millions of young and old alike by his works and deeds.
About Summer Training Program:
Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
- Total number of Fellowships : 20*
- Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August
- Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program
(payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)
- Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student
- This is a compulsorily Residential Programwhere the selected students would be required to stay on campus of the respective CSIR Labs on charge basis.
Who Can Apply?
- First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem)
- First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem)
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.
- An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.
- Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically
- Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.
- Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.
- Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.
- Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for interview only.
- The application form has to be completed in all aspects for consideration
- Multiple applications from same applicant will result in cancellation of candidature
- All filled-in information should be supported by relevant documents at the time of selection interview
- Please visit the websites of participating CSIR Labs for information on their research areas
* Reservation shall be applicable as per GoI rules.
|Registration Start Date||Nov 17, 2017|
|Application Closing Date||Dec 31, 2017|
|Shortlist Declaration||Feb 2, 2018|
|Selection Interview||Mar 2, 2018|
|Result Declaration||Mar 15, 2018|
Editor’s Note: For more such opportunities make sure to be following Biotecnika. We are a dedicated team that strive day in and day out to give you the best that the Biosciences industry has to offer. Make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter. It is a carefully curated comprehensive list of all of the best, latest Biotech Job opportunities in the industry. You can get notifications of all of the best Biotech jobs, PhD admissions, Bionews, Bio-proposals, Life science & Biotech internships, Biotech training programs, Bioworkshops and Biotech exam alerts along with results right in to your inbox. Just sign up once and you are all set. Also Biotecnika comes to you from 5 different cities! You heard that right – Bangalore, Noida, Pune, Kolkata and Chennai. Check out more on what happened at Biotecnika Chennai.