‘The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition’ is a nationwide competition inviting path breaking, revolutionary and scalable business ideas in the Life Sciences domain spanning:
- Healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT, regenerative medicine
- Agri-biotech including food, nutraceuticals, soil health, plant-based therapeutics
- Animal health
- Industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy.
- Investment opportunity up to USD $100,000 for the winner(s)
- Grand cash prize of INR 10 lakhs for different category winners
- Business Acceleration
- Access to seed funding
- Confirmed participation in ‘Meet the Investor Series’
The objectives of the ‘The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition’ are to:
- Identify innovative business ideas from across the country
- Support these ideas with funding, acceleration and mentoring
- Facilitate the creation of successful ventures
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, biotech companies, and start-ups
- Applicant should be a citizen of India
- If the Applicant is a Company – the company should be registered in India and majority ownership should be Indian
- Idea should have a biotech element/component
- Biotech includes: healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, diagnostics, medical devices, regenerative medicine; agri-biotech including food, nutraceuticals, soil health, plant-based therapeutics; animal health; industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy
Format of Competition:
‘The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition’ campaign will reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups and established companies across India. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be announced through various media. Applicants will have to apply online in the prescribed format. A Panel of Experts from industry, academia and investor community will review the proposals and shortlist the top 50 – 75 business ideas.
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a Jury. These will be held in 3 or 4 cities across the country. The Jury will select the Top 20 business ideas in this round.
The Top 20 selected contestants and up to 2 team members will attend a 3-day residential Entrepreneurship Development boot camp at C-CAMP, Bengaluru, which will train them to formulate, develop and commercialize their ideas. At the end of the boot camp, the contestants will make their Business Plan presentation before a Grand Jury which will select the winners of the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition.
A Review Panel comprising experts from Academia, industry and investor community will review the applications. The applications will be evaluated for scientific/technical strength, societal impact, and business potential.
Applicants that are selected for this round will make a pitch to a Jury. The evaluation criteria will be novelty of the idea, value proposition, business model/implementation plan, team strength and quality of the presentation.
Applicants selected for this round will attend a 3 day residential boot camp. At the end of the boot camp, the participants will pitch to a Grand Jury and will be evaluated for path breaking/novelty quotient, business potential, and societal impact.
Terms & Conditions:
- The applicants agree to provide current, complete and accurate information as required in the registration form.
- All details submitted in the Application Form as well as subsequent presentations will be treated as confidential to the extent possible. All Reveiwers will sign CDA/NDA; however the responsibility of protecting information prior to putting it out in the Application Form or sharing it with anyone, lies wholly with the Applicant and we strongly recommend that any applicant that has any concerns regarding Intellectual Property (IP) Protection and disclosure of information contact an appropriate and competent IP counsel before filling in the Application.
- The applicants must regularly check their registered email and the official website of this competiton for any announcements or updates.
- Only the selected applicants will be notified by email. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check their emails regularly around the date of ‘notification of acceptance’. The selected applicants who do not respond to the notification of acceptance email will not be followed up further after a waiting period of three days.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for the Boot Camp and Grand Finale will be taken care of by the organizers. The participants selected will have to pay for all other personal expenses.
- Applicants selected for the Boot Camp may bring one more Team Member for the Boot Camp. This team member must already be registered in the Application Form.
- The decision of the organizers will be final and binding.
- The applicants agree to all the terms and conditions herein as well as those that the organizers may put in during the duration of the Competition.
Applications close on September 16th, 2017.