Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme from eligible candidates for the year 2017-18 in the following categories:
(3)Project Scholar (Projects running at IIT Bhubaneswar)
- Opening date for online application : 10th March 2017
- Last date for submission of online application : 10th April 2017 12:00 Midnight
1) School of Basic Sciences:
Biosciences : Biophysical Chemistry: Protein Chemistry & Spectroscopy, Structure-Function Elucidation of Various Small Heat Shock Proteins Related to Different Diseases (Cataract, Leprosy and Tuberculosis); Biochemistry of the mechanoenzymes ATPases involved in the cellular activities like DNA replication and Protein degradation (ubiquitin-proteasome & Autophagy mediated) and associated disease like Cancer, G-protein Coupled Receptors & Signal Transduction, Chemical and Cellular Biology, Peptide/Protein Design & Engineering, Computational Biology.
(A) Eligibility Criteria for Institute Scholar:
Candidates who possess the qualifications as mentioned below are eligible for admission into the Ph. D. Programme for full-time with Institute Research Assistantship or UGC/CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or any other doctoral fellowship offered by Govt. of India (GoI), as the case is applicable. A relaxation of up to 5% marks in all academic examination levels is permitted for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
(B) Eligibility Criteria for Sponsored Scholar:
The sponsored candidates are not eligible for Institute Research Assistantship; but they must meet the same requisite standards of marks/grades in their qualifying degree and other examinations as mentioned above. They must also be in continuous service for at least three (3) years in any one of the following organizations, where appropriate R & D facilities exist:
- Departments and Ministries of the Government of India or any other government organization.
- Established industrial research and developmental organizations.
- Recognized autonomous bodies and public undertakings.
- Recognized universities/colleges.
(C) Eligibility Criteria for Project Scholar:
The scholars working in sponsored research projects at IIT Bhubaneswar can apply for the Ph.D Programme if they meet the applicable eligibility criteria for admission and have at least two years of fellowship tenure remaining, counting from the academic session or semester in which they are seeking admission. If such a candidate intends to be considered for Institute Research Assistantship after the tenure of the project is over, he/she must present a valid GATE score at that point of time or provide the evidence of a valid GATE score used in the year of admission into M.Tech. or equivalent programme.
Programme wise Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in M. Tech./M.E. or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with a valid GATE score in the year of admission into the M. Tech. programme.
B. Tech./B.E. or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with minimum 70% marks or 7.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) with a valid GATE score or having secured a UGC/CSIR-NET JRF. All candidates must have a consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in Master of Science or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record and a valid GATE score or having secured a UGC/CSIR-NET JRF. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in 10 point scale) is required in all other examinations. A single relaxation up to 10% marks either at Xth or XIIth level examination or equivalent is permitted.
|Ph.D. (Basic Science)
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Master’s or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) in the Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with consistently good academic record. Provisional certificate is acceptable.
- Minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in a 10-point scale) is required in all other examinations. A single relaxation up to 10% marks either at Xth or XIIth level examination or equivalent is permitted.
- The candidate must have a valid GATE score or have secured a UGC/CSIR-NET JRF.
N.B. 5% relaxation of marks in all academic examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PwD candidates compared to the General/OBC (NCL) candidates. This is applicable to all candidates.
Application Fee (Non-refundable):
- For General and OBC Candidates : Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
- For SC/ST/PwD Candidates : Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only)
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.