Training Course on
“Advances in Biology of Communicable
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health,
Indian Council of Medical Research
Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai – 400 012
Department of Health Research
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Government of India
8th May – 2nd June 2017
Health Research Scheme of DHR : The Scheme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel in the country by upgrading skills of faculty of medical colleges, mid-career scientists, medical students etc by specialized training in priority areas of health research. The goal is to encourage and support the trainees to develop and take up research projects for addressing critical national and local health problems.
About NIRRH : National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH) located at Parel, Mumbai is a premier ICMR Institute which conducts basic, clinical, operational and socio-behavioral research on different aspects of reproductive health. Fertility regulation, infertility management, RTI/STIs and HIV, maternal and child health are the major thrust areas. The Institute houses excellent facilities for conducting biomedical research. The Course is being coordinated by Dr. Smita D. Mahale, Director, NIRRH.
About the Course :
The Course aims at imparting conceptual and technical know-how on recent and upcoming developments pertaining to infectious disease research. This 4-week course will cover lectures, lab tutorials and interactive sessions on the advances in Diagnostics, Pathogenesis and Therapy of Infectious Diseases. Participants will be updated on applications of techniques such as Real time PCR, Next Generation Sequencing, Flow Cytometry, Confocal microscopy, etc. The course also comprises a module on the application of disease informatics in polypharmacalogy and managing antimicrobial resistance as well as emerging therapeutic modalities like gene editing and FMT. In addition, participants will be provided an overview of research methodologies including statistical analysis and developing research proposals. Sixteen seats are available.
Who Can Apply :
- Candidates with MBBS/MD or PhD (in any area of life sciences)can apply.
- Faculty from medical colleges/research institutes/NIRRH field units and applicants from North-East and semi-urban/rural regions of India are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates in service should forward their application through proper channel.
- Such applications will be considered complete only if a “No Objection Certificate” from the head of the Institution is uploaded.
Registration Details :
- Submit your application online in the prescribed format at www.nirrh.res.in on or before 15th March 2017.
- A list of selected candidates will be displayed at www.nirrh.res.in by 30th March 2017. Applicant should visit the website to know the status of their selection.
- Selected candidates will have to confirm their participation by 15th April 2017 through submission of a cheque for Rs. 2000/- (refundable after successful completion of course) drawn in favour of “The Director, NIRRH, Mumbai”.
- No fees will be charged from the selected participants.
- Outstation participants may be provided lodging facility on request. Travel and food will have to be arranged by the candidates.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com for further details.