Inlaks Scholarships 2018 – Get Scholarship of Upto US$100,000 to Study Abroad
This call expires in :
If you are looking for scholarships that is worth upto US$100,000, then check out the details on the Inlaks Scholarships. This is not applicable to engineering disciplines, however check out the eligibility criteria, application deadline, selection procedure and such, all posted below:
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent in any field to broaden their vision abroad and improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are of two types: university courses and specific programmes.
Scholarships are granted at top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements including tuition fees.
The Foundation does not award scholarships for more than US$100,000. If the total funding required (tuition + living allowance) exceeds US$100,000, candidates must show evidence that they have the ability to cover full funding for their courses at the time of their interviews in May/June. The Foundation does not cover candidates that are not fully funded.
The Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencesPo, Paris. In the case of candidates for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation is able to accept applications without this requirement.
The Foundation does not give scholarships in the following subjects: Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
Terms of The Scholarships:
The scholarship covers, for the period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel. In the case of scholarship requirement of above $100,000 (or equivalent), (tuition + living allowance), candidates must show evidence of funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June. In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate.
Acceptance of other scholarships, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
Scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
Scholarships are awarded in May/ June generally for commencement in subsequent September and October. Any scholarship not commenced within 9 months will be forfeited.
How to Apply:
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India. Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, after their under-graduation. People having a postgraduate degree (e.g. Master’s or PhD) from a university outside India are not eligible; those who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
- Candidates must be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application.
- Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
How We Decide:
- The Foundation has been awarding scholarships to deserving young Indian since 1976. Few other foundations have, during this period, given as many scholarships in as many and such varied fields.
- The key to Inlaks is flexibility. We look for the unusual, we search out a special talent and we spot people with flair. And once we are convinced that we have found it, we will do everything possible to accommodate a worthy candidate.
So what should you be concerned about?
- Your achievements, academic and otherwise. We will need proof that you are an achiever.
- Your potential. We pride ourselves on judging potential as much as performance. It isn’t just what you have already achieved; it’s what we can help you achieve in the future.
- The suitability of your course, project or program. You must persuade us that the course/ program is right for you and that you are right for it.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Application forms must be completed by the candidate and will be accepted from the 10th of January till the 15th of April.
The application form is available online. The deadline for submissions is 15th of April.
It must include:
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned. The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format. Candidates for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music (Western classical singing) must also submit a CD / DVD. Three sets of CDs/ DVDs must be submitted. A portfolio may be submitted also if it is not too bulky.
- Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
- Submit three recommendation letters together with your application. These letters (maximum three references) must be submitted together with the application, in sealed envelopes. At least two of your referees should be academics who have taught you in your undergraduate studies. Recommendation letters will not be accepted after the 15th of April by post. Only in the event of your referee being based overseas permanently will we accept a reference letter via email. Please request the referee that the subject line of the email should read as follows: Reference letter for Full Name of the Candidate – Subject – 2018.
- A clear declaration must be made of all funding received for your course. In case the offer of funding comes in after you have submitted your application, please inform us of the same by email, at the earliest.
- In case you have applied for another course, for which you are not applying to Inlaks for funding, at the same or another institution and have an offer of funding from elsewhere, you must inform us of the same even if it is not your intention to avail of that offer.
- Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form.
- All sections of the applications are to be filled in.
- Please submit two copies of the application duly filled in. Note that you have to include only one set of attachments viz, offer letter, resume / cv, recommendation letters, fee statement, passport copy, outstanding achievement certificates etc.
Your application should be submitted with these enclosures in the following order:
- 2 sets of application forms
- CV/ Resume
- Recommendation letters (3)
- Offer letter
- Fee Statement
- Writing samples (if any)
- Language test results (if any)
- Photocopy of the first and last page of your passport
- Additional Certificates (extra curriculum)
- Portfolios if not too bulky / DVD (architecture/fine arts/ film / media)
An independent Inlaks Selection Committee carries out the selection. Applications received are analyzed and evaluated, and the committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India. They usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in two stages: preliminaries, and for those who make it, finals. Candidates short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation. Candidates who do not receive any communication by 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful.
Application Deadline – 15th April 2018
If you are interested in other intiatives by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation – then do check out all of the details on the Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2018 below:
Editor’s Note: Hi, there for more such notifications, please ensure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and that you are also following us on all of our social media profiles like Twitter and Facebook. We also have an app that is available for free download and easy navigation.