Ministry of Science & Technology
Department of Science & Technology
Women Scientists Scheme-C (WOS-C)
(Internship in Intellectual Property Rights)
Call for Applications- 9th Batch
Women Scientist Scheme, is a flagship programme of Department of Science & Technology (DST) under KIRAN (Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing). Through one of its components- ‘Women Scientist Scheme-C (WOS-C)’- it provides employment opportunity to women scientists having break in their career through management of Intellectual Property Rights. Patent Facilitating Centre (PFC) of Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) has been entrusted with implementation of WOS-C. It encompasses training of women, having qualifications in science/engineering/medicine or allied areas, in the field of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) and their management, for a period of one year and eventually develops a pool of women geared to create, protect and manage intellectual property in India. These trained women can start their own venture after clearing patent agent exam or may work in law firms, scientific organizations, etc.
- Women in permanent position are not eligible to apply
- Age: Minimum 27 years; Maximum 45 years as on 01-01-2017
- Minimum essential qualification: Master of Science; Bachelors in Engineering/Technology or equivalent.
- Desirable qualification: Proficient in handling computerized database, collection, collation, analysis and report preparation.
- M.Sc in Basic or Applied Sciences/B.Tech/MBBS or equivalent degree : Rs.20,000/- pm
- M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.V.Sc or equivalent degree : Rs.25,000/- pm
- Ph.D in Basic or Applied Sciences or equivalent degree : Rs.30,000/- pm
Selection & Training Procedure: An on-line examination will be conducted at various centres throughout the country. Based on exam merit, candidates will be called for interview for final selection. During training selected candidates will undergo orientation programme on IPR at New Delhi of up to two months duration. After orientation programme, candidates will be placed as interns in and around the Coordination Centres at Delhi, Pune, Chennai, and Kharagpur for hands-on-training.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted through online mode only. Applications received in any other form will not be considered. Link for online form is available at www.dst.gov.in, www.tifac.org.in and www.pfc.org.in
Whom to Contact: For detailed information please contact Mrs. Sangeeta Nagar, Scientist-E, TIFAC, New Delhi-110016 [Email: [email protected], Phone: 011-42525802].
Last Date for Online Submission: 9th January, 2017
Patent Facilitating Centre (PFC) Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) An autonomous body under Department of Science & Technology