Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) is an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. It was established in 1946 as Maharashtra Association for the Cultivation of Science (MACS) and was registered under the Societies Registration Act. 1850. Later, as the research activities started expanding, the MACS Research Institute was given a separate identity. The institute was renamed as ARI in 1992 to honour its founder Director, late Professor S. P. Agharkar.
Applications are invited for the following posts:
Name of the post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of posts: One (1)
Name of the project: Studies on nanoparticles assisted dispersion of biofilms formed
in drinking water distribution system.
Duration: Up to February 2018
Group or Division: Nanobioscience Group
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology or M.Sc. in Microbiology
- CSIR/UGC/NET Cleared
Desirable : Two years research experience
Emolument: Rs.25,000/- + HRA (JRF)
Age Limit: 28 years (Relaxation by 5 years for SC, ST and female & 3 years for
How to apply:
- Candidates fulfilling above conditions may apply in the prescribed format available on the Institute’s website http://www.aripune.org , along with self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, caste certificate issued by competent authority (for reserved category) and application fee of Rs.50/-, payable by Demand Draft only in favor of Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, before the deadline
- The prescribed essential qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidate to be called for interview.
- In case number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the candidates.
- The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- No T.A. is admissible for attending interview and selected candidate will have no
right for appointment against any ARI or funding agency’s post/s.
- In case of non-availability of qualified JRF, candidates having M.Sc. degree in the above subjects with at least 55% marks may be considered for Research Studentship at Rs.23000/- (fixed) p.m.
- List of short listed candidates will be displayed on Institute website by 03.10.2016 and/ or, candidates will be informed through e-mail.
- Date: 17th October 2016
- Time: 10.00 am
- Place: MACS-Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
- Application Deadline: 17th October 2016