Post of Young Professional vacant @ IISR, Kerala | Earn Rs. 25,000 per month
The Indian Institute of Spices Research (IISR), Kozhikode (Calicut) a constituent body of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is a major institute devoted to research on spices. In 1976, it started as a Regional Station of the Central Plantation Crops Research Institute (CPCRI), Kasaragod engaged in research on spices.
Walk-in test cum interview for the selection of Young professional-II under the scheme “Mining and validation of candidate gene markers and screening on antimicrobial peptides of black pepper and small cardamom” will be held as per the details given below:
Name of the post: Young Professional-II
Number of post: One (1)
Place of posting: ICAR-IISR, Chelavoor
Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or Life Sciences
Experience in Bioinformatics analysis and molecular biology
- Work on analysis of transcriptomics, and RAD sequencing data
- Assist in routine molecular biology experiments
- Candidates familiar with computational methods to facilitate identification of stress responsive candidate genes and SNP variations within those with expertise in next-generation sequencing data analysis or computational biology or bioinformatics research are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Experience with programming languages such as PERL, C or Java and knowledge on statistical analysis package such as R is highly desired.
- Analysis of proteomics data, biological pathways and development of algorithms will also be desired.
Emoluments: Rs. 25,000 per month (consolidated)
Age Limit: Minimum 21 years and maximum 45 years (Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Women candidates)
Duration: Up to 31/03/2017 (likely to be extended)
General Terms and Conditions:
- The above position is purely on temporary basis and is co-terminus with the closure of the project. There is no provision of re-employment after termination of the project
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview
- Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature
- Decision of Director, ICAR-IISR would be final and binding in all aspects
- Candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall after 10:00 am
- Candidates who secure the minimum marks prescribed by the Institute in written test only will be eligible for attending the interview. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be decided by the Director of the Institute
- Those who do not possess proof of educational qualification will not be allowed to attend the test/interview
- All relevant certificates and bio-data, no objection certificate in case he/she is employed elsewhere and experience certificate in original (if any) need to be produced at the time of interview
Date of test cum interview: 5 August 2016
Time: 10.00 am
Venue: IISR, Kozhikode