Bose Institute, Kolkata Hiring RA / JRF / SRF| Fellowship Amount : Upto Rs 36,000/-
ADVT. NO. S/CHEM/03/2016-17
Bose Institute, Kolkata, invites application from the Indian Citizens for the following positions in the SERB(DST) sponsored project entitled, “Evaluating the sensor kinase MtrB of Mycobacterium tuberculosis as a regulator of bacterial physiological responses, and as a potential target for therapy” under the guidance of Prof. Joyoti Basu, Dept. of Chemistry. The project is tenable upto 18.03.2019. Details of qualification, associateship/fellowship, age etc. are as follows:
- Job Title : One position of Research Associate OR Senior Research Fellow (Extended)
- Essential Qualification: Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences for RA position and candidates those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis are eligible for SRF(Extended) position.
- Desirable Qualification : Experience in molecular and cell biology would be advantageous. The project would involve cloning and expression of mycobacterial proteins, and analysis of the effects of mycobacterial infection of macrophages ex vivo.
- Associateship / Fellowship : Rs 36,000/- p.m. for RA / Rs. 28,000/- p.m. for SRF(Extended), plus admissible H.R.A.
- Age : Below 35 years for RA / Below 33 years for SRF(Extended) ( relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates as per rules).
- Job Title : One position of Senior Research Fellow OR Junior Research Fellow
- Essential Qualification for SRF : M.Sc. or M.Tech degree in Life Sciences with NET** qualification and research experience of a minimum 02 (two) years.
- Desirable Qualification : Experience in molecular and cell biology would be advantageous.
- Fellowship : ₹. 28,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA except CSIR-UGC NET-LS. ₹. 14,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA for CSIR-UGC NET-LS*.
- Essential Qualification for JRF : M.Sc. or M.Tech degree in Life Sciences with NET** qualification.
- Fellowship :
- ₹. 25,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA except CSIR-UGC NET-LS.
- ₹. 12,000/- p.m., plus admissible HRA for CSIR-UGC NET-LS*.
Age : Below 30 years for SRF / Below 28 years for JRF ( relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates as per rules).
How to Apply :
Interested and eligible candidates should apply on plain paper quoting advertisement No. and position on the envelop as well as application with complete Bio-data giving e-mail ID / Phone No. and details of qualification i.e. examination passed, year, division, percentage of marks from Secondary onwards with Attested copies of testimonials addressed to the –
Sr. Prof. & In-Charge, Registrar’s Office, Bose Institute, P–1/12, C.I.T. Scheme VII-M, Kankurgachi, Kolkata – 700 054 on or before 10th May, 2016.
* Payment of revised fellowship to CSIR-UGC NET-LS is under consideration of the Government. ** As per SERB Office Memorandum No. SB/S9/Z-01/2015 dated 07.01.2015, the following examinations conducted by various Central Government Departments / Agencies are considered as National Eligibility Test (NET). CSIR – CSIR – UGC National Eligibility Test including LS MHRD – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), Joint Admission Test (JAM), Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) DBT – Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bioinformatics By Bioinformatics National Consortium (BINC) DAE – JEST & JGEEBILS, NBHM ICMR – JRF Entrance Examination ICAR – All India Competitive Examination (AICE)