Admission Open for M.Sc. / Ph.D Life Science Courses with Monthly Stipend – 2016 at JIPMER
About the Institute:
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry) JIPMER is 170kms by road from Chennai.
JIPMER was declared as an Institution of National Importance by a Parliamentary Act, i.e. JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14-7-2008 to enforce this Act. Prior to this the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
(An Institution of National Importance under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India)
Qualification as given below with a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade in any of the following examinations.
- M.Sc. / M. Phil. Degree / PG degree in any branch of Life Sciences of a recognized University.
- OR Qualified in any of the three National Eligibility Tests (NET) for Ph.D. – JRF under DBT /DST/ ICMR / UGC.
- JRF qualified candidates also have to submit application through online process. However they need not appear for the entrance test.
- They will be placed in the merit order based on their scores along with the candidates who have appeared for JIPMER Entrance Test and will be counseled for their option.
- The candidates can choose any one of the discipline available for the Ph.D. Programs at the time of counseling.
- NET qualified (Lectureship only) under DBT /DST/ ICMR / UGC will NOT be considered.
Date & Time of Entrance Examination : 10-07-2016(Sunday) 10.00 AM – 11.30 AM
Duration of the Course:
3 years for non-Medical Post Graduates / M.B.B.S. Graduates 2 years for Medical Post-Graduates with MD/MS/DNB or M. Phil. Degree holders. (5 Years maximum at the discretion of the Research Committee.)
- Students selected for Ph.D. in any of the disciplines will be paid as per JIPMER regulations, a monthly stipend of INR 25,000/- for the First year and Second year.
- Stipend of INR 28,000/- will be paid for the Third year and the extended period of their studies for Fourth and Fifth Year respectively.
- A contract has to be executed with JIPMER at the time of admission. In case of discontinuance of the course for any reason the candidate has to pay a penalty as per the terms of the contract executed for mid-stream departure.
Method of Selection:
The examination will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) / online. The paper is common for all the Ph.D. courses. It consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with sections on Research Methodology, Statistics, and Ethics of single best response type. The duration of the test is one and half hours.
The Prospectus and Instructions can be downloaded from the JIPMER Website.
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination is required to apply on-line.
- MODE OF PAYMENT: Only through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card.
- Candidate need NOT be sent hard copy of the application to this office
- Online Application User Interface is provided in the Annexure VI.
- Candidate can apply for only one course.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded in any circumstances.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1) Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.edu.in. and navigate to the link “BSc/MSc/MPH/PhD Admission – July 2016”.
2) Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
3) The flow chart for filling application on-line given as Appendix V in the Prospectus.
4) The candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
5) Mode of payments are a) Net Banking, b) Credit Card, c) Debit Card
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADING PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE:
a. A recent colour passport size photograph with light background is required. Black & White / Polaroid photographs are NOT acceptable.
b. Photograph MUST be taken on or after 01.01.2016.
c. The photograph must be taken with a placard indicating name of the candidate and date of taking photograph while the placard is being held by the candidate.
d. The name and date on the photograph should be legible.
e. The photograph must be in jpg/jpeg format with dimension 30 mm (width) × 45 mm (height) with file size less than 80 kb.
f. The signature must be in jpg/jpeg format with dimension 80 mm (width) × 35 mm (height) with file size less than 80 kb.
Hall Tickets for the entrance examination shall be available for download to eligible candidates, whose applications are complete and accurate in all respects, from 29-06-2016 (Wednesday) 11.00 am to 10-07-2016 8.00 am. The hall ticket will contain roll number, name, photo, signature and venue of the examination. To rectify discrepancy if any the candidate should contact the help desk immediately. Discrepancy would mean difference between the data including the photograph and signature given in the application and the hall ticket. No rectification will be done if the details given by the candidate in the application and the details contained in the hall ticket are one and the same. Hall ticket can be downloaded from the website: www.jipmer.edu.in as per the dateline given in the prospectus.
Application Deadline – 08th June 2016
Important Dates :
- Date of Entrance Examination : 10.07.2016
- Reporting Time : 07:30 AM
- Entry to Exam Hall closes at : 09:15 AM
- Start of Examination : 10:00 AM
- End of Examination : 11:30 AM