The essence of Human Resource Development is education, which plays a significant and remedial role in balancing the socio-economic fabric of the Country. Since citizens of India are its most valuable resource, our billion-strong nation needs the nurture and care in the form of basic education to achieve a better quality of life. This warrants an all-round development of our citizens, which can be achieved by building strong foundations in education. In pursuance of this mission, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) was created on September 26, 1985, through the 174th amendment to the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961. Currently, the MHRD works through two departments i.e. Department of School Education & Literacy and Department of Higher Education.
Ministry of Human Resource Development invites ONLINE APPLICATIONS from Indian nationals for nomination of '2016 Korean Government Scholarship' tenable from 1st September 2016 to study at a Korean University or Institution as designated by NIIED.
Scholarship would be available for studies in the followings fields:
- Korean Language
Age: Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1st, 2016 (born after September 1st, 1976).
Qualification: Applicants must hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree as of August 31st, 2016 for applying for Master's degree or Doctoral degree respectively.
Note: Candidates who have received Korean Scholarship at any time are not eligible.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Master's (01.09.2016-31.08.2019) : 1 year of Korean Language+ 2 years of Master's.
- Doctoral (01.09.2016-31.08.2020) : 1 year of Korean Language+ 3 years of Doctoral.
Airfare: Payment for Round-trip economy class ticket will be made by NIIED, Government of Korea. Any kind of travelling allowance will not be made by Government of India.
Value of Scholarship:
Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month
Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.
Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won.
Language Training Fee: Full coverage
Tuitions: all admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED.
Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 – 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
Special Funds: Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean Language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
How To Apply:
Interestes candidates meeting the above cited eligibity criteria can apply online for the scholarship.
Applicants can apply online at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/schoIarship/. Sixteen (16) nominations are to be sent to the Korean Government out of which eight (8) candidates will be selected finally. Applicants are advised to visit Korean Government Scholarship Programme (KGSP) website i.e. www.studyinkorea.go.kr for details of the scholarship.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Copy of marks sheet of Bachelor's degree or equivalent for applying for masters and copy of Masters or equivalent for applying for Doctoral (Ph.D).
- Transcript from university/institution. If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentage, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
- Copy of date of birth certificate/ class 10th certificate bearing date of birth or other equivalent documents.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 11.03.2016. Applications of candidates who are abroad will not be considered.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of Korea.
- Application in other than mention subject-fields in the advertisement will not be considered. A candidate can apply only in one subject and for one of the degree courses.
- Employed candidates must obtain 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer. In case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
- Candidates must give write-up of his/her plan of study in at least (a) 500 to 1000 words for Masters (b) 1000 to 2000 words for Doctoral to be undertaken in Korea.
- Applications, which are incomplete or do not bear photograph and signature, will not be considered.
- Canvassing in any form & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates.
- Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
THE DECISION OF SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL BE FINAL. & NO REPRESENTATION IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
THE FINAL SELECTION OF THE NOMINATED CANDIDATES RESTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA.
- Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview.
- The applicant in employment (to which he/she wishes to return) should have an assurance from his employer that he/she will be granted sufficient leave if he/she is awarded this scholarship during study period in Korea.
- All information regarding the date of interview of short listed applicants will be made available on MHRID's website
- All communication to short listed applicants will be made on their registered email. It is advised that working email should be provided.
For detailed information and making contact with the Korean Professors/Universities, please visit website of KGSP (www.studyinkorea.go.kr).
Last Date for submission of online application: 11.03.2016
Applications received after 11.03.2016 (11.59.59 PM) will not be entertained.
View Recent Jobs:
- Walk-in-Interview for SRF Post @ Tamil Nadu Agricultural University | Attend Positively
- Walk-in-Interview for the Post of SRF @ Tamil Nadu Agricultural University | Interested Candidates Hurry
- Senior and Intermediate Fellowships in Biomedical Research 2016 | Doctorates apply now
- Applications Invited for Project Assistant @ Madurai Kamaraj University | Apply Now