CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute, abbreviated to CSIR-CFTRI, is one of the 40 national research laboratories in India, set up under the aegis of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).It was opened on 21 October 1950 in Mysore, Karnataka. C.F.T.R.I. Mysore The center also has extended resource centers in Hyderabad, Lucknow and Mumbai, rendering technical assistance to numerous entrepreneurs.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
No of Posts: 1
Project Title: Transcriptional regulation of N-methyltransferase gene [throbromine synthase) involved in caffeine biosynthesis of Coffee sp
Funding Agency: SERB, New Delhi
Location: Department of PCBT, CSIR- CFTRI, Mysore, Karnataka
Eligibility: First class M.Sc., in Science with specialization in Botany/Biochemistry/Molecular Biology with good academic records and should have been qualified for lectureship in National Eligibility Test conducted by CSIR-UGC or valid GATE qualification.
Age Limit: 28 years
Consolidated Fellowship of Rs12,000/- per month in case of fresh NET-LS qualified candidates and Rs14,000/- per month for NET-LS qualified with two years research experience
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may send their complete Bio-data with e-mail address/contact phone number along with attested copies of the necessary certificates to Dr. Giridhar Parvatam, Principal Scientist & PI, PCBT Department, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore – 570 020 (email: [email protected]) on or before 09.03.2016. Application format can be downloaded from the website. Applications received after the due date (i.e. 09.03.2016) will be summarily rejected. The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through e-mail/post.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Candidates should not have exceeded 28 years of age as on 09.03.2016 i.e. the last date of receipt of applications for the post.
2. Age limit shall be relaxable for statutory groups and women as per rule.
3. The engagement of JRF is exclusively for the above mentioned project.
4. The engagement will be contractual and on purely temporary basis in the project funded by SERB, New Delhi, for a maximum period up to 24.06.2016 and is co-terminus with the project, if the project terminates earlier.
5. The engagement under externally funded project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
6. No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
7. If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is mandatory at the time of interview.
Deadline: 9 March 2016
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM AND / OR BRINGING IN ANY INFLUENCE, POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE WILL BE TREATED AS A DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POST APPLIED FOR. INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ATTENDED TO
View Latest Jobs: