Elsevier Data Discovery and Enrichment Expert Job, Apply Online
About the job
Would you like to be part of a passionate team and create innovative products for Life Science?
Would you like to join our growing team?
About our Team
Our Data Science Life Science team is focused on developing and evolving data enrichment capabilities.
We are optimizing search and discovery for enriched data on Elsevier’s Life Sciences products.
We are a very diverse team, engaged and inclusive, working in an agile way.
About the Role
You will be a key part of our agile team to support all activities around data enrichment, maintenance and innovative development.
You will work with other Data Discovery and Enrichment Experts to secure our high quality standards.
You will work closely with the experts in our larger Data Science Life Sciences team.
- Performing quality assurance on large data sets in the life science domain
- Partnering with cross-functional teams while executing on projects
- Supporting various content enrichment activities, reference set creation, dictionaries maintenance or development
- Performing data preparations, data analysis and creating data reports
- You will receive in-house on-the-job training to learn the ins and outs of the work.
- Have a PhD in Biomedical sciences (Biochemistry, Cell biology, Immunology etc.).
- Working experience with life science databases or information systems is not required but a plus.
- Added advantage if possesses basic programming or data analysis skills (e.g. Python, SQL, KNIME)
- Have an understanding of quality assurance standards or best practices.
- Have care for details and is experienced in contributing to projects and structuring work to meet deadlines.
- Communicates well and have an ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Your creative and critical look is one of your main assets.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
- Group Life insurance/accident policy
- Generous long-service awards
- New Baby gift
- Subsidised food provided (applies to India- Chennai)
- Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public Holiday and Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Free Transport provided to and from the office (applies to India-Chennai)
Apply online: Data Discovery and Enrichment Expert
Editor’s Note: Elsevier Data Discovery and Enrichment Expert Job, Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook