inStem Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment
Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem)
(An AI under Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India)
GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore-560065
Advertisement for the Position of Bridging Postdoctoral Fellow at Dr. Diya Binoy Joseph’s Laboratory at DBT-inStem
The DBT-Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem; www.instem.res.in) is an Autonomous Institution of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. We invite applications for the post of Bridging Postdoctoral Fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Diya Binoy Joseph.
Overview of the Lab and PI: The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem) is a premier research center located in Bengaluru. Dr. Diya Binoy Joseph is a faculty member in the Centre for Inflammation and Tissue Homeostasis at inStem. Her research focuses on epithelial homeostasis and innate immune defenses in the genitourinary tract, utilizing mouse models and tissue culture to understand epithelial-immune interactions in the genitourinary tract.
Post: Bridging Postdoctoral Fellow
Qualifications: Ph.D. in Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, or Biotechnology. Experience in immunology, animal models, and mammalian cell culture will be welcome.
- Work with the PI on developing a novel research direction in the laboratory in the area of epithelial barriers and immune defense.
- Expected to work with mouse models, cell culture, and stem cells.
- Prepare and submit applications for competitive postdoctoral fellowships during the initial appointment period of 1 year, allowing the fellow to continue working on the project with independent funding.
Pay Scale: As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification
Age limit: Below 35 years as of the application deadline
Mode of Applications: Only online applications will be accepted. Applications received through any other mode shall stand rejected automatically.
Application Fee: Nil
How to Apply: To apply for the position, interested candidates may log into DBT-inStem websites – Careers-Open positions (https://www.instem.res.in/jobportal/)
Application Details: Applicants should submit the following information as a single PDF file:
- 2-page Curriculum vitae with current address, phone (mobile) number, and e-mail address.
- 1-page Motivation letter explaining past research experiences, career goals, and motivation to join the laboratory. Please include the advertisement number in the letter.
- Contact information for at least two referees.
Any issues while applying online may be addressed to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted applicants will be informed by E-mail and will be interviewed via in-person/electronic mode, depending on the location of the candidate. Appointment will be contingent on medical certification by the campus medical center.
Last date for receipt of applications: 22nd December 2023
- Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected, and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement.
- All eligibility conditions will be determined with reference to the crucial date of eligibility i.e., the closing date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates are advised to keep a printout of the application form.
- The engagement shall be purely on a contract basis, and the period of engagement shall be purely dependent on the requirement of the Institute.
- This is purely a temporary appointment, and selection does not entitle a candidate to any claim whatsoever of permanency or regularization against any regular post or any vacancy arising in the future in this or any other cadre/post on the basis of this service.
- The Institute can fix the consolidated salary lower/higher in the given range.
- No claim for any service benefits like PF, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Allowance, Seniority & Promotion, etc., is applicable to this post.
Further updates/information related to this recruitment exercise shall only be made available on the Institute’s website.
Contact Us: Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (DBT-inStem), GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore – 560065 Website: www.instem.res.in Phone: 080-61948226 E-mail: [email protected]
Women candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are encouraged to apply.
Click here to apply.
Keywords: inStem, Post Doctoral Fellow, Recruitment, Job, Apply Online, STEM, Life Sciences, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Immunology, Animal Models, Mammalian Cell Culture. inStem Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook