Data Science Intern Job, Hiring at MSD – Apply Online Now!
Intern – Data Science
The Internship Program at MSD features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Human Health division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The program allows students to work on one or more data science projects within MSD’s Human Health Commercial division. These opportunities are designed to facilitate the transition from academia to industry for soon-to-be graduates and will involve participation and contribution in real projects being carried out by MSD’s data science team. This is also a way for you to identify if MSD may be the right company for your long-term career goals.
These positions are typically 3-6 months long and have various start dates throughout the year. Most of the projects will involve analyses in support of MSD’s commercial objectives.
- Provide analytical and technical support, including the collection and analysis of internal and external pharmaceutical data to assist in making meaningful business decisions.
- Help solve novel commercial analytic questions through the use of Advanced Analytics (AI/ML).
Required Education and Skills:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s/master’s/PhD degree program in a Quantitative discipline such as: Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computational Biology, Engineering, Management, or other relevant discipline.
- Candidates must be expected to graduate in the next 1-2 years.
- Fluency in at least one programming environment such as Python/R and a sound understanding of OOP.
- Familiarity with the basics of data science and advanced statistical methods (clustering, regression, classification, etc.), and the ability to determine the correct method for the task or have the willingness to learn the same.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve independently on complex analytical projects.
- Interest in supporting pharmaceutical data and analytics initiatives like segmentation & targeting, digital analytics, big data analytics, patient claims analytics.
- Ability to serve as a quantitative methodology professional by developing creative analytical solutions and applying appropriate statistical and/or machine learning methodologies to answer novel commercial analytic questions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to strike a balance between methodological rigor and project timelines/deliverables.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with one or more of the standard machine learning and data manipulation packages such as scikit-learn/numpy/pandas/mlr.
- Familiarity with SQL & databases: Redshift/Athena.
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing & Large Language Models.
To apply for this position, please visit the link.
Keywords: intern, data science, job, MSD, hiring, apply online. Data Science Intern Job, Hiring at MSD – Apply Online Now! Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook