Research Job for Biochem, Biotech – MSc & MTech Apply Online at CFTRI
Research Job for Biochem, Biotech – MSc & MTech Apply Online at CFTRI. Research Job for M.Sc/ M.Tech in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology at CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru. Interested Candidates can check out the details below and Apply Online.
CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru
ADVERTISEMENT NO. PAT. 169/2023
CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru, a constituent National Laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of 01 (One) position of PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I.
Job title: PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I
Job Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India
Project Entitled : “Bioconversion of edible oilseed meals into value added products” ( HCP-0054) tenable at the Department of Traditional Foods & Applied Nutrition CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru, Karnataka.
No of Posts: 01
Duration: Initially up to March 2024, & extendable up to March 2026 or till the project is over on a temporary contractual basis.
Job Requirements: Desirable Qualification: good merit and familiar with HPLC and GC
- Rs.31,000/- per month plus HRA for those who are qualified for National Eligibility Tests (CSIRUGC NET, GATE, etc).
- Rs.25,000/- per month plus HRA for others who do not fall under (1) above.
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc/ M.Tech in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology from recognized University or equivalent.
Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates should not have exceeded 35 years of age as on 16-09-2023 i.e. the last date of receiving the applications.
- The engagement of PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I is exclusively for the above-mentioned research work.
- The engagement will be contractual and purely on temporary basis for a period of March-2024, or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
- The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right / claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR-CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
- Performance of the Project Staff will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not satisfactory, the engagement could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
- No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
- If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is mandatory at the time of interview.
Eligible candidates may submit online application at https://patcell.cftri.res.in along with necessary attachments of the certificates in support of date of birth, caste, qualification/experience etc. on or before 16-09-2023 under the subject panels Biochemistry/ Biotechnology. Applications of those candidates, which are already active in the above subject panels for PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL – I with the above eligibility requirements will be considered by default.
Applications received after the due date 16-09-2023 will not be considered. The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of interview and the venue through email.
Here are five interview questions along with sample answers for the position of Project Associate Level-I at CSIR-CFTRI:
1. Question: Can you describe your educational background and how it aligns with the requirements for this position as mentioned in the job description?
Answer: I hold a Master’s degree in Biochemistry from a recognized university, which directly fulfills the essential qualification mentioned in the job description. My academic background has equipped me with a strong foundation in the relevant field, including knowledge and expertise necessary for this role.
2. Question: The job description mentions familiarity with HPLC and GC as a desirable qualification. Could you share your experience and proficiency in using these analytical techniques?
Answer: During my academic studies and previous research experiences, I gained hands-on experience with both High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography (GC). I’ve used HPLC for the separation and analysis of compounds in various research projects. Additionally, I’ve employed GC for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of volatile compounds. These experiences have allowed me to develop a strong skill set in utilizing these analytical techniques effectively.
3. Question: The project involves “Bioconversion of edible oilseed meals into value-added products.” Can you outline your understanding of the project’s objectives and how your background aligns with its goals?
Answer: The project aims to convert edible oilseed meals into value-added products, which involves various biochemical processes. My educational background in Biochemistry has provided me with a solid understanding of biochemical reactions and pathways, which are central to this project. I also have experience in biotechnological techniques, which can be applied to optimize and enhance the bioconversion processes. I’m confident that my knowledge and skills align well with the project’s objectives.
4. Question: This position is on a temporary contractual basis. Could you share your perspective on the significance of this role within the context of a research project, and how do you plan to contribute effectively during this tenure?
Answer: While the role is temporary, it plays a crucial part in the successful execution of the research project. During my tenure, I intend to fully immerse myself in the project’s objectives, actively contributing to experimental design, data collection, and analysis. I aim to work collaboratively with the research team, ensuring that the project progresses smoothly and achieves its goals within the specified timeframe. Additionally, I will maintain regular communication with the project lead to provide updates on progress and address any challenges promptly.
5. Question: How do you plan to stay updated with the latest developments and advancements in Biochemistry and Biotechnology, and how might this continuous learning benefit your contributions to the project?
Answer: Continuous learning and staying updated with the latest developments are essential in the fields of Biochemistry and Biotechnology. I plan to regularly engage with scientific literature, attend relevant conferences, and participate in workshops or training programs. This proactive approach will allow me to incorporate cutting-edge techniques and knowledge into the project, potentially enhancing the project’s efficiency and outcomes. It also demonstrates my commitment to personal and professional growth, which can be valuable for the project and the organization as a whole.
These sample questions and answers should help you prepare for your interview for the Project Associate Level-I position at CSIR-CFTRI. Customize your responses based on your specific experiences and qualifications.
Editor’s Note: Research Job for Biochem. Research Job for Biochem, Biotech – MSc & MTech Apply Online at CFTRI. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.