Molecular Biology Workshop for Underrepresented Groups in Academia
IISER-Pune is organizing a 7-day, residential Molecular Biology Workshop for Underrepresented Groups in Academia. This is a SERB sponsored, all-expenses paid workshop for Masters and PhD students from marginalized groups studying in institutes located in Category Y and Z cities of India.
- Dates: 25-31 Jan-2023
- Application / Registration fees: None
- Number of Participants: 25
- Location: IISER Pune Campus
- Type: Offline hands-on molecular biology workshop. Fully residential. Mandatory stay on campus
- Travel expenses: Reimbursed to the selected candidates upon producing the original train tickets as per institute norms
- Accommodation: Selected candidates will be provided lodging and boarding in IISER guest house by the organizers on room sharing basis
- Certificates: All participants will get a certificate on successful completion of the workshop. 100% attendance is mandatory for travel claim and certificate
Who can apply:
To apply, students must meet all of the following three criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a post graduate course (MSc or IV-V year of a Integrated Masters Program / BTech / MBBS) in Life Sciences or first two years of PhD in any branch of life-sciences
- Belong to any of the five categories: SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Women.
- Enrolled in an institute from a non-metro (i.e. Category Y and Z) city. This essentially means that students studying in institutes located in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune CANNOT apply.
Registration opens: 2-Dec-2022
Application deadline: 20-Dec-2022
Notification to shortlisted candidates: 31-Dec-2022
Contact: [email protected]
More details and application: