PhD Admissions 2021 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)
PhD Admissions 2021 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS). M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) candidates can apply for the Ph.D. Admission Dec 2020 at ILS.
This call expires in :
INSTITUTE OF LIFE SCIENCES
(An Autonomous Institute under the Dept. of Biotechnology,
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar 751023, India
Advt. No.: 31/2021
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research welcomes applications from Indian nationals for PhD programs.
The name of the faculties that are interested in taking students with regular Ph.D. program of ILS are listed below with their research interest. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed info concerning the research activities of the respective faculties.
|Name of the Faculty||Area of Interest|
|Dr. Amol Suryawanshi||Clinical proteomics for understanding biology and diseases|
|Dr. Anshuman Dixit||Machine learning models for deciphering disease biomarkers|
|Dr. Arun Nagaraj||Plasmodium Biology & Vector-Parasite Interactions|
|Dr. Gulam Hussain Syed||Virus Host Interactions and disease pathogenesis|
|Dr. Mamoni Dash||Design, synthesis and application of polymeric biomaterials|
|Dr. N Dey||Deciphering the functional role of transcription factor families in pearl millet|
|Dr. P.V. Ramchander||Identification and characterization of genes/mutations in human genetic disorders (Human/Medical Genetics)|
|Dr. Punit Prasad||Chromatin remodeling complexes in myeloid differentiation and leukemia|
|Dr. Rajeeb Swain||Understanding genetic architecture of kidney diseases using zebrafish as a model|
|Dr. Sandip K. Mishra||The role of Estrogen Related Receptor β in the crosstalk between extrinsic and intrinsic cell death pathways in breast cancer|
|Dr. Sanjeeb K. Sahoo||Nanotechnology based Drug Delivery for Cancer|
|Dr. Sunil K. Raghav||Developing immune-perturbed T cells for personalised therapy|
|Dr. Tushar Kant Beuria||Bacterial cell division and Antimicrobial resistance|
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc./ M.Tech./ M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent quality point). Applicants awaiting final results might additionally apply, however, if shortlisted, they need to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed.
- Candidates should have also certified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMRJRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certification is not available, the applicant has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, in addition to the application. Candidates with mark sheet can additionally apply, however, they need to send their results at the time of the interview.
- The applicant ought to be below 28 years in age, as of 2nd July 2021. Age relaxation of five years when it comes to SC/ST/women/ PH applicants and three years when it comes to OBC candidates will certainly be given (based on Govt. of India guidelines).
Applicants other than SC/ST/ physically handicapped are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/-. The bank details: Beneficiary name: Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Account No: 450502010006285, Bank: Union Bank of.
India, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar; IFS Code: UBIN0545058.
The fellowship, as well as various other emoluments, will be according to the guidelines of the funding agencies – SERB/DST/DBT/ CSIR/ICMR and also as revised from time to time.
How to Apply:
To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will be paid to all the applicants appearing for the interview.
Interested and eligible applicants may fill-up the prescribed application with the link.
https://forms.gle/v7fiHnrJtufMndYH8 as available in ILS web site (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application form together with self-attested copies of all relevant certifications and copy of proof of payment ought to be send out to the [email protected] on or before 2nd July, 2021 (05.00 PM). Hard copy of the application should be posted. Applications received after the last date will certainly not be accepted. The application ought to be sent with the subject “Application for Ph.D. Program”.
List of candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute website (www.ils.res.in).
Application to ILS-Ph. D. program does not automatically guarantee that an applicant will certainly be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any type of reasons thereof.
Address for positing your application
The Academic Section,
Institute of Life Sciences,
Nalco Square – Bhubaneswar – 751023
- Last date of receiving applications: 2nd July 2021.
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and also instructions in the Institute website: 9th July 2021.
- Tentative date of interview: 2nd week of August 2021. The final date of the interview will be confirmed when the list of shortlisted applicants is displayed on the ILS website.
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: PhD Admissions 2021 at Institute of Life Sciences (ILS). Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.