IISER Tirupati PhD 2021 Admission August – Applications Invited
The official announcement for the IISER Tirupati PhD Biology Program Admissions August 2021 has been made and the application portal has been opened. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the course offers, the minimum eligibility criteria, additional eligibility criteria and application procedure and such below:
This call expires in :
ADMISSION TO PHD PROGRAM – August 2021
IISER Tirupati invites applications from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD program, August 2021. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and associated interdisciplinary areas of research. Along with research, the program entails coursework and teaching assistantship.
The department-specific eligibility criteria for August 2021 admissions are given below. Information concerning individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati website.
Due to paucity of funds, the Institute will not be able to provide any kind of fellowship this time. Only the candidates with confirmed fellowships (as mentioned in the “Essential Criteria” for respective disciplines) will certainly be considered for this round of selection.
Under compelling conditions, the dates may be rescheduled and also each discipline might have different dates for the interview. Please visit the website periodically.
In this round, the departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics will certainly admit PhD students. The broad areas of research, and also eligibility criteria in each discipline are as follows:
Plant Biology, Developmental as well as Stem Cell Biology, Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Biophysics and also Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Neurobiology, Infection Biology, Molecular Microbiology, Cancer Biology, Immunology, Genome Biology, Chemical Biology, Ecology and also Evolutionary Biology, Structural Biology. Visit the following website for further information: http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/research/biology/
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BIOLOGY:
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage including all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/Biological Sciences/ Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
- Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage including all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
- Qualified for DBT-JRF-A/ ICMR-JRF/DBT-BINC/UGC-CSIR JRF/ DST-INSPIRE-JRF/Any other National Fellowships
Only online applications will be accepted. Candidates can submit their forms for the Biology discipline at the following web link:
General Information to the Applicants:
- The applicant MUST have actually qualified at least ONE of the above-mentioned essential criteria in the pertinent discipline.
- The fellowships/scores/ranks have to be valid at the time of joining the course.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST, PWD and KM category, the percentage of marks may be relaxed by 5% or 0.5 in the case of CGPA.
- Applicants in the final year of their qualifying degree (as mentioned in the minimum criteria) are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is obligatory at the time of admission.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The shortlisted applicants will certainly be called for an on-line interview and also the final selection is based on interview performance.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview. The respective departments might use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Reservation in admission:
Reservation standards for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and also Persons with Disability (PWD) will be in accordance with Government of India guidelines.
- All communication with candidates will certainly be by email only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- In case of any type of application-related specific queries, please contact the with your application number mentioned in the subject at the following e-mail address [email protected].
Preferably not greater than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will certainly be given for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) as well as 5 years for SC/ST/PWD/ Female candidates as per GOI norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to send pertinent certifications if chosen. Relaxation may also be given whenever suitable applicants are not available, in exceptional circumstances.
- Opening date of Online Application: April 23, 2021
- Closing date of Online Application: May 23, 2021
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: June 1 – 10, 2021 (Tentative)
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: June 11 – 25, 2021 (Tentative)
- Announcement of Interview Results: June 26 – July 5, 2021 (Tentative)
- Registration of PhD Programme: August 2, 2021 (Tentative)
Editor’s Note: IISER Tirupati PhD 2021 Admission August – Applications Invited. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.