NEST 2021: National Entrance Screening Test Official Notification
National Entrance Screening Test – NEST 2021. NEST 2021: National Entrance Screening Test Official Notification. The application portal is open now to register. It’s a compulsory test that students who want to seek admission at NISER & UM-DAE CEBS. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2021 will be conducted in around 90 cities [see list] across India.
NISER, Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai are in compliance with the UGC and Govt. of India guidelines on anti-ragging. Ragging in any form is a punishable offence and hence is totally prohibited on these campuses. Any complaint regarding ragging can be made at the 24×7 toll-free National Anti-Ragging Help Line number 1800-180-5522 and/or at the email-ID [email protected].
Eligibility criteria for admission:
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates in the Unreserved and OBC categories must have been born on or after August 01, 2001. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination must have passed in either 2019 or 2020. Candidates appearing in 2021 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
How to Apply:
Guidelines posted below.
- Helpline no.: 022- 61306277
- Email Id.: [email protected] (Helpdesk for registration, application, payment etc)
- Registration / Online application opens 24th of February 2021.
- Online application closes 30th of April 2021.
- The download of admit card starts 20th of May 2021.
- Date of examination:
- Announcement of results on NEST website: 30th of June 2021.
How to Apply Guidelines Below:
See Syllabus 2021
See Information Brochure Below (Email Id. : [email protected] (Email id for queries regarding NEST 2021)
Editor’s Note: NEST 2021: National Entrance Screening Test Official Notification. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.