inStem Research Assistant Recruitment – Apply Online
inStem Research Assistant Recruitment – Apply Online. MSc Plant Sciences, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics Job Openings at inStem. inStem job vacancies for MSc candidates. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
These jobs expire in :
TIGS-CI is seeking applications from enthusiastic applicants to join the Plant genetics team at the Tata Institute for Genetics and Society, Bangalore (https:/ tigs.res.in). Utilizing new genetic technologies such as targeted genome editing by CRISPR/Cas, we develop crops with desired features that are resistant to biotic and abiotic stresses. The significant focus of our group is to identify important rice varieties and also develop strategies to improve diverse agronomic features and deliver transgene-free, improved rice varieties through genome editing. Successful applicants will join the team to take part in ongoing programs, which require experience and also interest in rice tissue culture & transformation, molecular biology and/or phenotyping platforms.
Duration: Originally for One year and extension based on a satisfactory review.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this research position, please send out the following documents, with a clear reference to the job number listed above and also addressed to the following email address: email@example.com.
- Cover letter with Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, phone number as well as contact details of 3 referees.
- Why you need to be hired for this position and research interests (one-page max).
Please note, emails with just attached CV will NOT be taken into consideration. (Candidates should list Job no RA-04 0r RA-05 in their application to be taken into consideration).
Application Deadline: February 09, 2021.
Research Assistant (RA-04)
Job Opening RA-04 (All applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
Roles and Responsibilities:
Research Assistant (RA-04): to support rice tissue culture and also molecular biology platforms.
The role will be to actively engage in rice tissue culture and transformation experiments, along with vector construction and molecular analysis of rice events generated using new genetic technologies. Candidates with experience in tissue culture as well as molecular biology are highly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree in Plant Sciences, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 1-2 years of pertinent research experience.
- Preference will certainly be given to the applicants with experience in vector construction, rice tissue culture as well as transformation.
- Capability to work both as part of a team, and independently, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
Research Assistant (RA-05)
Job Opening RA-05 (All applicants must list this number in their application to be considered)
Roles and also Responsibilities:
Research Assistant (RA-05): Rice phenotyping
The role will be to actively engage in the phenotyping of rice events developed for different traits of interest. The applicant will certainly likewise be responsible for the care of the greenhouse for growing healthy rice events. Preference will be given to the candidate that has knowledge and experience in taking care of the greenhouse as well as hands-on experience in rice back-crossing experiments.
- Master’s degree in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Plant Biotechnology, or any related discipline; with 1-2 years of relevant research experience.
- Preference will certainly be given to the candidates with experience in rice back-crossing experiments as well as knowledge of genetics.
- Knowledge in basic statistical tools would be an added advantage, but not essential.
- Capability to work both as part of a team, as well as independently, coupled with outstanding verbal and also written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills are needed.
Editor’s Note: inStem Research Assistant Recruitment – Apply Online. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.