RCB PhD Admission 2021 Biotech – Regional Centre for Biotechnology
RCB PhD Admission 2021 Biotech – Regional Centre for Biotechnology. PhD Programme In Biotechnology Admissions 2021 (Autumn Session). Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
This Call Expires In :
PhD PROGRAMME IN BIOTECHNOLOGY
ADMISSIONS 2021 (AUTUMN SESSION)
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an institution of national importance, created by
an Act of Parliament, established by Government of India through the Department of
Biotechnology (DBT) under the auspices of UNESCO. RCB has emerged as a pioneering
institute for research in Biotechnology and is defining new horizons in providing world-class
education, training and research at the interface of multiple disciplines for the benefit of
RCB has a strong commitment to exploring new frontiers, furthering science and connecting revolutionary areas of Biotechnology through cutting-edge research. The Centre boasts of the state-of-the-art research laboratories at par with the global standards. Its Advanced Technology Platform Centre (ATPC) is a highly sophisticated instrumentation facility. RCB has a Bio-incubator in association with BIRAC that links promising research outcomes to commercialization by nurturing technology development and promoting biotechnology entrepreneurship.
PhD Programme in Biotechnology:
The institute offers a doctoral programme leading to the award of the PhD degree in
Biotechnology to students holding a post-graduate degree (or an equivalent) in any field of
Science, medicine, or technology. The selected students are required to undergo a course
work followed by research leading to a doctoral thesis under the mentorship of its faculty.
The programme is suited to candidates having interest to work at the interface of multiple
disciplines in the areas related (but not limited) to structural biology, molecular medicine,
infectious disease biology, agricultural biotechnology, systems and synthetic biology, cancer
& cell biology. The details of the various research programs at RCB can be seen on our
- Qualifications: MSc/MTech in any branch of Life Sciences/Chemistry/Physics/
MPharma/ MVSc/ MBBS or an equivalent degree.
- Qualifying Marks: 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in the qualifying degree
examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD allowed as per the GoI norms).
- No of seats: Twenty-five (25)
- Reservation of seats: As per the GoI guidelines.
- In addition to the above, candidates should have qualified any of the following
examinations and hold a valid fellowship at the time of interview:
• Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF)
• Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE)
• DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
• ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
• Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a
valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
The application shall be submitted as per the link given below. Subsequently, the application fee of Rs.500/-, if applicable, is to be submitted by the applicant before the due date. SC/ST /PwD/EWS candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Eligible candidates will be called for a written test and/or interview during Feb 04-05, 2021.
Providing false/incorrect information in the application form by the candidate or nonpossession of essential qualifications detected at any stage of the selection process/ after will lead to disqualification/cancellation of admission of the candidate. The decision of the Competent Authority at RCB shall be final and binding in this regard.
The students admitted to the programme will have to avail the national level fellowship
which they have qualified as a mandatory requirement for admission to the programme. RCB will have no financial liability for the same.
The student admitted to the PhD programme will have to pay the following fees:
- Laboratory Fees: Rs. 6000 per semester
- Tuition Fees (1st & 2nd Semester Only): Rs. 6000 per semester
- Academic Administration Fees: Rs. 5000 per semester
- Medical Fees: Rs. 3000 per semester
- Student Amenities Fees: Rs. 1000 per semester
- Caution Money: Rs. 5000 (once, at the time of admission, refundable)
- Thesis Examination Fees: Rs. 10000 (at the time of submission of thesis)
- Hostel security and other charges will be applicable in case availing hostel facility.
Application Fee Rs.500/- (to be submitted in continuation with the online form)
The last date of submitting online applications is Jan 15, 2021.
For any queries, please write to [email protected].
See Notification Below
Editor’s Note: RCB PhD Admission 2021 Biotech – Regional Centre for Biotechnology. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and Instagram.