IISER-K Admission PhD 2021 – Biological Sciences Spring Semester
IISER-K Admission PhD 2021 – Biological Sciences Spring Semester. Candidates with a Master’s Degree are eligible to apply Online. PhD Programmes in Biological Sciences is available. Check out all of the information below:
This call expires in :
Along with the dedicated high-quality teaching, the faculties of the Department of Biological Sciences are actively engaged in solving a variety of research problems ranging from basic sciences to applied sciences using cutting edge technologies employing multidisciplinary approaches. For carrying out the various challenging research work, our PhD scholars are the main workforces. Located amid lush greenery and quiet environment, here, our students pursue their research carrier with loads of enthusiasm, perseverance and hard work under the caring guidance of the highly skilled and acclaimed faculties and eventually establish themselves in their professional field.
If you would like to enrol yourself into our vibrant PhD programme at DBS and also at some other departments with interest in the interdisciplinary biological fields, please see the details below and act accordingly.
Applications are invited from motivated candidates having master’s degree such as M.Sc/MS/ME/M.Tech/MVSc/MSc(Ag) degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) in:
- Any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of Cellular and Molecular biology, Cancer biology, Developmental biology, Structural biology, Chemical biology, Plant biology, Plant molecular and developmental biology, Plant genetics, Plant tissue culture, Behavioral biology and Ecology, Genetics, Marine biology, Neurobiology, Biodiversity, Microbiology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Food Technology, Physiology, Human Physiology, Medical Biotechnology and theoretical biology, Epigenetics and Chromatin Biology. Candidates from agricultural science (such as genetics and plant breeding) and nutritional science backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
|Interdisciplinary Research Area||Preferred background of the student from other areas|
|Gene regulatory networks using plant signaling and genomics||Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Computer Application, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Analytical Chemistry|
|Structural biology, cryo-Electron Microscopy, Image processing, biophysics, molecular modeling, molecular dynamics simulations, biomolecular NMR, Structural Proteomics and imaging to portrait cancerous tissue, Clinical proteomics, Microbiome & Cancer||Biophysics/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Physics/Chemistry/ Computer Science|
|Peptide based therapeutics, cancer nanomedicine, drug delivery, biomimetic chemistry, chemical biology, supramolecular chemistry, applied biomaterials, cancer biology, and regenerative nanomedicine||(i) MSc Chemistry having specialization in organic chemistry or MSc Chemistry with MSc project in the area of organic chemistry
(ii) MSc Chemistry having specialization in Physical Chemistry or MSc Chemistry with MSc project in the area of computational chemistry and interested to work in the area of computational biology
|Neurobiology||Neuro-immunology, Neural stem cell neology, Neuro-Virology, Neuropathology, Neuro-Computational Modelling, Neuro-Structural Biology, Neuro-oncology|
|Mechano-biology employing fluorescence imaging, interference reflection microscopy, PDMS based cell stretching, micro patterning, optical trapping, traction force microscopy, image/data Analysis||Physics/Biophysics/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Computer Science|
|Computational Biology||A Master’s degree, with minimum 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale, in any field of Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics|
|Epigenetics, chromatin biology, unnatural amino acid biology, proteomics, homology modeling, molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulations||Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Biophysical chemistry|
|Theoretical and Computational Biophysics (Modeling of cell motion, biological random processes, intracellular transport etc.)||Master’s degree in physics/applied mathematics/applied statistics/computer science/Bio-technology/any engineering field with 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.00/10. Experience of programming in C/C++/FORTRAN/Matlab will be a plus point.|
Applicants must have any one of the following qualifications:
- Qualified a National Eligibility exam that provides a 5-year PhD fellowship such as CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF / DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF / DBT-BINC-JRF / Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship.
- INSPIRE-PhD fellowship (should be in possession of provisional selection letter at the time of Interview).
Additionally, there are a few project funded positions also available in the following specific fields:
Project funded PhD student(s)
1. A project funded PhD position is available in the area of Cell Biophysics.
Essential Qualification: Master’s degree in any branch of life sciences with min. 55% marks. Candidates need to have NET/GATE qualification which includes CSIR-UGC NET LS/ GATE/JAM/GPAT/JEST/JGEEBILS/ICMR-JRF/AICE /GATE etc. Strong inclination towards Biophysics with preferably a B.Sc in Physics and exposure to microscopy is desirable. Research experience in the mentioned research area is also desirable. The interested candidates should clearly mention their area of interest in their SOP. Note that if the Master’s degree has not yet been awarded, but the examination is over, the candidate can still apply but she/he will be eligible only for provisional admission if selected.
2. A project funded PhD position is available in the area of community ecology, stream fish ecology, biodiversity studies in Central India.
Essential Qualification: Master’s degree in any branch of life sciences with min. 65% marks. Candidates need to have qualified one of the National eligibility exams – CSIR-UGC NET LS/ GATE/JAM/JGEEBILS/ICMR-JRF/ etc. Strong inclination towards ecology, conservation biology and good communication skills are desirable. Some research and fieldwork experience in the mentioned research area are also desirable. The interested candidates should clearly mention their area of interest in their SOP.
* Please note that fulfilling the minimum essential criteria does not ensure that a candidate will be called for the interview. Additional short-listing criteria might be set by the department based on academic records, experience and research interest of the candidates.
The profiles of those faculty members of this department can found from the following URL: Click Here
For any additional query email us at:
Dept. of Biological Sciences – [email protected]
- PhD application portal opens: 19.10.2020
- Application portal closes: 03.11.2020
- Publication of shortlisting for interview: 11.11.2020
- Tentative Interview dates: 12 to 30 November 2020
- Publication of PhD interview results: 07.12.2020
Editor’s Note: IISER-K Admission PhD 2021 – Biological Sciences Spring Semester. Make sure you are following and subscribed to the Biotecnika YouTube channel and also subscribed to our free Newsletter – Biotecnika Times.