Cepheid Biotech/Microbiology & Molecular Biology Job Available
Cepheid Biotech/Microbiology & Molecular Biology Job Available. Indian nationals can apply for a Technical Support Manager job at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Cepheid. Check out all of the details on the same below:
Job Title: Technical Support Assay Specialist
Job ID: R1122974
Job Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Job Function: Customer Support
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing advanced product support to customers requiring assistance with assays sold and distributed by Cepheid. As a member of the Technical Support Team, you provide product support to internal and external customers and provide a solution to the issues faced by Customer. This is done majorly remotely via phone, email and web serving as the technical expert in Cepheid’s Customer Care experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with customers to collect and compile detailed information about customer complaints
- Collect system data and logs and conduct advanced data analysis and troubleshooting,
- understanding customer’s sample collection, processing and laboratory practices
- Investigate and resolve advanced customer complaints remotely within Time frame.
- Document complaints and resulting investigations in the complaint management system (SFDC)
- Interface with Field Service and Global Product Support to escalate and resolve more complex cases
- Adhere to Quality Management System procedures
- Maintain product knowledge and support continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to quality compliance through accurate and concise case documentation
- Represent Technical Support on projects and operational teams, communicating findings back to Technical Support
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager or Supervisor
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time and keep the records data for any future audit(s)
- Complete all compliance and internal training within the stipulated timeline.
- Train internal associates and new hires on the technical support modules and CRM.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Microbiology/Medical Microbiology/Biotechnology/Molecular Biology with 0 to 2 Years related work experience. OR
- MSc in Molecular Biology/Microbiology/Medical Microbiology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry with minimum 0 to 2 years of relevant clinical or research experience in Biology, Virology, Microbiology or experience working in Life Science / Medical Device Industry/Pharmacogenomics (or equivalent)
- Experience in customer handling in APAC countries is preferable
Knowledge and skills:
- Fluent English (written and oral) is required (additional languages a plus – Korean, Mandarin, Malay).
- Should be open to work in early morning shifts.
- Experience in handling Molecular Diagnostic Assays viz., MTB, Flu/RSV, StrepA, TV, CT/NG, GBS, C. Diff, Carba-R, MRSA, Norovirus, VanA, BCR-ABL, Factor II/Factor V, HIV VL, HCV VL, Oncology.
- Customer-oriented – understands customer expectations and empathizes with customer & patient needs
- Remote Technical Support or Field Application Support Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- Conventional and Real-Time PCR, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Oncology or Virology
- Patient sample collection practices and workflow
- Sample preparation practices and methodologies
- Laboratory analytical diagnostic equipment, medical devices and software
- Knowledge and use of commercial computer application packages (MS Excel)
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com (or similar CRM System) a plus
- Able to follow complex procedures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious & self-motivated with the ability to learn a complex technology platform quickly
- Proactively analyzes complex problems, draw conclusions and propose precise action plans
- Works independently in a structured manner with the ability to prioritize critical tasks
- Builds collaborative work relationships with different teams, including Field Service, Sales, Marketing and Quality.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Available to work in different shifts, early morning, weekends and holidays as necessary
- May include extended computer and telephone work involving repetitive arm/wrist motions
- May include occasional overnight travel
Editor’s Note: Cepheid Biotech/Microbiology & Molecular Biology Job Available. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.