IISER Tirupati Integrated-PhD Admission 2020 August – Apply Online
IISER Tirupati Integrated-PhD Admission 2020 August – Apply Online. IISER Tirupati PhD Admissions in August 2020. PhD Admissions in August 2020. Interested and eligible can check out all of the details on the same below:
This call expires in :
Last date for submission of applications for PhD & I-PhD program has been extended till 15th May 2020
The integrated PhD (I-Ph.D.) programme at IISER Tirupati is for highly motivated students, who wish to pursue a career in research. Students with an excellent academic record can apply for the I-Ph.D. programme upon completion of a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science. The course combines curricula for Masters and Doctorate degrees into a single integrated programme with a blend of course work and research project.
IISER Tirupati offers modern research laboratories and computational facilities as well as hostel facilities for students. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a broad range of seminars, meetings and workshops, giving them a chance to interact with researchers and experts from other research organizations within the country and abroad.
Overview of the i-Ph.D. programme:
IISER Tirupati offers Integrated PhD (I-Ph.D.) as a research programme with a blend of course work and research. On successful completion of the doctoral research project, students are awarded a degree in Master of Science and a PhD degree. The first three semesters consist of core courses, elective courses and advanced courses specializing in one subject and is combined with research work. On successful completion of the course work, related project work and a comprehensive exam, the student continue with the research leading to a PhD.
The I-Ph.D. program is offered in the disciplines Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences in August 2020 session.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS:
- Eligibility Criteria: Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences (All areas) /Ecological Sciences/ Mathematics/ Chemistry /Physics / Medical Sciences / Engineering or any equivalent degree.
- Additional Eligibility Criteria: JGEEBILS (conducted in Dec 2019) or JAM -2020 (BL – Biological Sciences or BT – Biotechnology)
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of those aforementioned Added eligibility standards.
- The scores/ranks have to be valid at least until August 2020. Please be aware that the admission standards can vary during the next round of admission.
- SC/ST, PD and KM candidates Percentage might be relaxed with 5 percent or 0.5 in the event of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. But, their final selection is subject to the successful conclusion of their qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is compulsory at the time of admission (Scheduled to be 1st August 2020).
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants may submit their forms for the various departments using these links:
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form. For Biology, the deadline for online application is April 15, 2020. For all other disciplines, the application deadline is April 30, 2020.
- Only short-listed candidates will be intimated further about the date of interview.
- Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and final selection is based on interview performance. The respective departments may use additional standards (according to academic performance and/or performance from the national level tests) so as to shortlist applicants for interviews.
Fellowship: Financial assistance will be provided by the institute into the chosen candidates.
All communication with applicants is going to be through emails only. Kindly check this site for periodic updates.
In case of any application-related queries which are not mentioned in the FAQs, please contact the respective departments with your application number mentioned in the subject at the following email addresses:
- Opening date of Online Application: March 11, 2020
- Closing date of Online Application:
April 15, 2020extended till April 30, 2020
Editor’s Note: Integrated PhD Admissions 2020, iPhD 2020, August 2020 PhD IISER. Please make sure that you are subscribed to the Biotecnika Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of all of the latest in the industry. Follow us on all of our social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.